Stiven Acevedo

Frobby

22 hours ago, waynebug said:

In 2013 Or signed Carlos Diaz, Jomar Reyes and Ofelky Peralta for over $300,000 each.

We remember Reyes.  Peralta is in Norfolk.

I don't have any memories of Diaz.  

That was the most substantial international activity I remember until Elias in 2019.

Man, I remember for a hot minute back in 2014 or so when I thought Jomar Reyes was going to be a big prospect.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:50 PM, RZNJ said:

Pretty sure Acevedo and Moises Ramirez, who is also doing quite well,  were both signed under the previous regime.

Moises Ramirez was signed during the Duquette era on 8/28/18 Moises Ramirez Stats, Fantasy & News | MiLB.com.

Stiven Acevedo was signed during the Elias era on 4/8/19 Stiven Acevedo Stats, Fantasy & News | MiLB.com.

I happen to agree with Corn on this one. When Duquette arrived, he lauded his ties to DR and Venezuela and expected to dive deep into the International marketplace. Why not? He had tremendous success there and was very astute at player acquisition and development in Montreal and Boston. Ownership absolutely tied his hands there. Dan made many mistakes, sure, but the lack of International prospects and the Davis contract were not his fault. Both of those things really hurt the Orioles for many years. I think most here know all of that too well.

Duquette also signed OF Kevin Infante, 1B/OF Josue Cruz, and a few others in a flurry of International signings he made at the end of his time in August and September 2018. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

Moises Ramirez was signed during the Duquette era on 8/28/18 Moises Ramirez Stats, Fantasy & News | MiLB.com.

Stiven Acevedo was signed during the Elias era on 4/8/19 Stiven Acevedo Stats, Fantasy & News | MiLB.com.

I happen to agree with Corn on this one. When Duquette arrived, he lauded his ties to DR and Venezuela and expected to dive deep into the International marketplace. Why not? He had tremendous success there and was very astute at player acquisition and development in Montreal and Boston. Ownership absolutely tied his hands there. Dan made many mistakes, sure, but the lack of International prospects and the Davis contract were not his fault. Both of those things really hurt the Orioles for many years. I think most here know all of that too well.

Duquette also signed OF Kevin Infante, 1B/OF Josue Cruz, and a few others in a flurry of International signings he made at the end of his time in August and September 2018. 

Good post.  I don't disagree with anything you say here.   Never did.   I was just wrong about which regime signed Acevedo.

• Upvote 1