Elias offseason

fitzi22

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Am I wrong?

If I wasn't the one saying it would you be arguing the other side?

Do you think that it isn't a bad sign that three years in we have Mullins, Means and Mountcastle?

Will all the crap that he and Dan have thrown on the wall shouldn't something more have stuck?

Also those are three players that would be here with someone else as GM. Elias hasn't personally brought in any pieces himself yet. That should change with draft picks coming up next year, but no Wei-Yen Chen or Miguel Gonzalez type pickups have been made by Elias.

It's not that important yet, but Elias has to be able to find those nuggets if the Orioles are supposed to be an above .500 team by 2023. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Also those are three players that would be here with someone else as GM. Elias hasn't personally brought in any pieces himself yet. That should change with draft picks coming up next year, but no Wei-Yen Chen or Miguel Gonzalez type pickups have been made by Elias.

It's not that important yet, but Elias has to be able to find those nuggets if the Orioles are supposed to be an above .500 team by 2023. 

Or if they want to eventually become a contending team.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or if they want to eventually become a contending team.

I can't imagine a world in which they don't. I know you can, and I'm not trying to be confrontational about it. I just can't see it from your view. 

I'd concede maybe the brothers want more profit than some owners. But how can these successful guys not be at all competitive and want a contending team? 

6 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I can't imagine a world in which they don't. I know you can, and I'm not trying to be confrontational about it. I just can't see it from your view. 

I'd concede maybe the brothers want more profit than some owners. But how can these successful guys not be at all competitive and want a contending team? 

Not all owners want to win.  Does anyone think the Pirates ownership is worried about winning?  The former owners of the Rays?  The guy that owned the Dodgers and tried to sell off their parking?   (Sorry I'm not up on ownership names)

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'll concede that Wells could be a part of the next contending team.  I wouldn't say that, at this time, about the other two.  Any more than I would say it about Hays, and I like Hays.

So if Jorge Mateo turns into an everyday player (I don't think he will) would you call that skill or luck by the GM?

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Not sure about that. Cashman would have ditched Mullins long ago. Most of OH was ready to get rid of Mullins or at least put him in 4th OF role in spring training. Mullins has been able to thrive due to opportunity and low pressure he might not have had elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not all owners want to win.  Does anyone think the Pirates ownership is worried about winning?  The former owners of the Rays?  The guy that owned the Dodgers and tried to sell off their parking?   (Sorry I'm not up on ownership names)

Frank McCourt was the disaster that owned the Dodgers. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Not sure about that. Cashman would have ditched Mullins long ago. Most of OH was ready to get rid of Mullins or at least put him in 4th OF role in spring training. Mullins has been able to thrive due to opportunity and low pressure he might not have had elsewhere.

Cashman is playing a different game.  He could afford to dump a Mullins.