Josh Rogers Another Great Start

NelsonCruuuuuz

16 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yeah, they gave him a long leash. Evaluating. But he looks a great 4th/5th guy in the NL. 

If he does well, more power to him, but I’m not going to fault the guys who let him go. I would much rather fault the guys who have kept a bunch of fellows who should be gone.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:25 AM, CarrRun49 said:

If anything, I like Josh more after seeing this...

I liked this Tweet about the Orioles' impact on the division race further down in the thread:

"Talkin' Yanks

@TalkinYanks

Yankees record vs. teams not named the Orioles: 80-60

Rays record vs. teams not named the Orioles: 80-60"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d take that line vs an AL East team, however this doesn’t mean Elias did something wrong. This means that Rogers has figured something out and he’s healthy. 

He shut them out the first 5 innings.

Boston got two guys on with one out in the 6th and noted lefty killers Renfroe and Dalbec due.  If he is taken out at that point when he should have been, worst case line is 5.1 innings, 5 hits, 2 runs, and perhaps the inherited runners don't score and it goes down as 5.1 scoreless.

Dave Martinez committed managerial malpractice and left him in.  Back to back HRs and that's the final line.  Those runs are on Martinez more than Rogers IMO.