2022 MLB Draft Discussion (Use this thread to discuss all picks, not Orioles picks)

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

The Rangers are crazy, but this just shows what can happen when you aren't allowed to trade first round picks.  If this were the NFL the Rangers could have traded back and still gotten Rocker.  If this is the guy they wanted, they had to pick him at 1:3 because he was unlikely to last until their next pick.  

This selection would make sense if it’s underslot pick? 

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Johnson seems like just a 1st rate kid on top of being a great hitter. Hopefully the Orioles didn't miss on him because he was short and probably a 2nd baseman. I'll root for him.

He was #3 on my list mostly due to the position thing, but I would have been totally cool with him being our pick. Seems like a great dude. Hope he has a nice career.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Johnson seems like just a 1st rate kid on top of being a great hitter. Hopefully the Orioles didn't miss on him because he was short and probably a 2nd baseman. I'll root for him.

100% agree, I was thinking the exact same thing as he was being interviewed. 

Good luck and congrats, kid!!!

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m glad we didn’t take him but you have to love this kid.  There may not be an easier player to root for than him, including the guy my favorite team took.  What a great kid.

I don't have a strong opinion since I don't do the homework needed to have a strong opinion, but when I here things like the best high school hitter in decades, it makes me interested. Johnson also beats Holliday in almost every category when it comes to torso and hand speed. We'll see how much those matter. Johnson also doesn't look 13 years old. lol

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Nats take Elijah Green and somehow I didn't learn until just now his dad was from NFL TE Eric Green who incidentally played for the Ravens 

Yep, a year ago he was being mentioned as #1 overall and I remembered hearing that at the time.