Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?

• Samuel Basallo - C and Maikol Hernandez - SS
    • Kyle Bradish - RHP and Mike Baumann - RHP
    • Zac Lowther - LHP and Drew Rom - RHP
    • Drew Rom - LHP and Samuel Basallo - C
    • Terrin Vavra - 2B and Maikol Hernandez - SS

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

I’m surprised Pinto and Rhodes aren’t options anywhere. I think I like them better than anyone on this list. 

I agree on Pinto.   After seeing Baumann, at the end of the year and seeing the video of Pinto, I'd definitely have Pinto above Baumann.   Baumann was very unimpressive and I have to think he's never been quite the same since his injury.    Going with that reasoning I guess I could see the Rom/Basallo combo going here but I expected to see Pinto at #11.

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I agree on Pinto.   After seeing Baumann, at the end of the year and seeing the video of Pinto, I'd definitely have Pinto above Baumann.   Baumann was very unimpressive and I have to think he's never been quite the same since his injury.    Going with that reasoning I guess I could see the Rom/Basallo combo going here but I expected to see Pinto at #11.

Just because Pinto isn’t an option in this poll doesn’t mean Tony doesn’t have him ranked above several of the players who were in this poll.   In fact, I’d bet on it.  

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

It's possible that what Baumann looked like with the O's in Sept is not what we will see in  March.   It was a long hard year for him.  A  lot of rehab.  Pushing through difference minor league levels trying to get back to where he was and to make the majors.

With a normal off season his stuff may improve in the spring. We will see.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, Prayin4Reign said:

Rom and Basallo.  If I recall correctly Tony has compared Rom to Zach Davies before (if I'm wrong I stand corrected), and I know he was a big Zach Davies fan.  Just a guess.  ?

I still think Rom is going to surprise a lot of people, ala Zach Davies. Now Davies had a plus changeup and Rom is still working on teh feel of that pitch consistently, but if you look, Rom has outproduced both Wells and Lowther at similar levels and age and Lowther was older at the same levels. 

The fact that Rom has kept his groundballs rates up as he moved up is a great sign along with missing bats, something Wells didn't do as well once he hit A ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1