Promotions I want to see in 2022

wildcard

If there is no work stoppage. Promotions to the O's from AAA.

1)  Adley on opening day or two weeks into to the  season depending on the new CBA.

2) Grayson by the 1st of May.

3) Stowers by the 1st of June.

4) DL Hall and Westburg by the 1st of August.

Make it happen.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I think all are reasonable expectations dependent on health and performance. 

Completely dependent on health and performance like anything else.  Westburg and Hall up by Aug. 1 is not a reasonable expectation.  A lot would need to go right for that to happen.  

I'd like to see the O's win 100 games next year.  MAKE IT HAPPEN!

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Completely dependent on health and performance like anything else.  Westburg and Hall up by Aug. 1 is not a reasonable expectation.  A lot would need to go right for that to happen.  

It is absolutely reasonable. 

Nothing more has to go right for them to be here than any other prospect..health and performance.  Both of them have shown they can perform well in the upper minors, albeit in SSS.  Westburg didn’t have any health issues last season and I don’t remember hearing about stuff from college.  

Hall has to stay healthy but if he is, chances are he’s pitching at a high enough level to warrant a call Up this year.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wow, look at wildcard being reasonable.

I hope all of you realize G-Rod will be on a strict innings limit next year.  No whining when they shut him down early and he's out of the ROY running.

It's okay. Adley can still win the award. As long as it's an Oriole. LOL

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

If there is no work stoppage. Promotions to the O's from AAA.

1)  Adley on opening day or two weeks into to the  season depending on the new CBA.

2) Grayson by the 1st of May.

3) Stowers by the 1st of June.

4) DL Hall and Westburg by the 1st of August.

Make it happen.

Why June 1 for Stowers?

I’d like to see it, if they justify it with their play.   Adley already has with his play at Norfolk last year.   The rest have things left to prove in the minors.   The timing of Stowers’ promotion may depend on how the OFs in front of him are performing.  

22 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

You and I seem to consistently disagree on expectations of Hall for this year, and that's fine.  If Hall is healthy, I fully expect him to dominate AAA hitters and receive a call-up to the majors by the end of the year.  We won't come to agreement there.

Westburg I agree is a bit ambitious, but not unreasonably so.  I assume he starts at AA, he'll probably need a quick promotion to AAA and then several solid months there to force a promotion.  Which is possible, but we'll have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It is absolutely reasonable. 

Nothing more has to go right for them to be here than any other prospect..health and performance.  Both of them have shown they can perform well in the upper minors, albeit in SSS.  Westburg didn’t have any health issues last season and I don’t remember hearing about stuff from college.  

Hall has to stay healthy but if he is, chances are he’s pitching at a high enough level to warrant a call Up this year.

They would have to perform very well over two levels.  Both likely to start in Bowie.  Maybe Hall is in Norfolk.  Things don't get easier as you rise up the system.  Hall could struggle at Triple A.  Westburg too and probably destined to spend the first half of the season in Bowie.  They will get here eventually.  But Aug. 1 is aggressive projection for two guys who have barely played above High A ball. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

They would have to perform very well over two levels.  Both likely to start in Bowie.  Maybe Hall is in Norfolk.  Things don't get easier as you rise up the system.  Hall could struggle at Triple A.  Westburg too and probably destined to spend the first half of the season in Bowie.  They will get here eventually.  But Aug. 1 is aggressive projection for two guys who have barely played above High A ball. 

Not sure has to be in AAA to warrant a call up.  That being said, even if you want them both there, if the minor league season starts at the right time this coming year and if they both perform well for a few months, they could get elevated to AAA by June.  That’s certainly not Out of the realm of possibilities.

At that point, you are an injury and a few hot weeks away from being called up.

I think it will be harder for Hall because they will want to build up his innings and maybe they don’t do that at the ML level to end the year but I don’t see why not.  

It’s not like either is blocked by someone good.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not sure has to be in AAA to warrant a call up.  That being said, even if you want them both there, if the minor league season starts at the right time this coming year and if they both perform well for a few months, they could get elevated to AAA by June.  That’s certainly not Out of the realm of possibilities.

At that point, you are an injury and a few hot weeks away from being called up.

I think it will be harder for Hall because they will want to build up his innings and maybe they don’t do that at the ML level to end the year but I don’t see why not.  

It’s not like either is blocked by someone good.

You are on the right path here.  Westburg and Hall both staying healthy and dominating Bowie and Norfolk to the extent that they warrant a midseason promotion is not out of the real of possibilities.  But is it likely?  I don't think so.  I worry about performance with Westburg (he has initally struggled at both Frederick and Bowie) and health with Hall.  I also do not see Elias rushing Hall given his lack of experience in the upper minors.  Just look at how GrayRod was handled. 

I think sometimes we confuse what we would like to see happen and what is reasonable to expect to happen.