Pedro Severino Appreciation Thread

Bahama O's Fan

Not the greatest catcher I’ve ever seen, but I thought he was overly maligned on OH.   He got off to a bad start last year both offensively and defensively but improved as the year went along, but got little credit for it.   I wish him the best of luck in Milwaukee.   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seemed like a good guy.  Good luck to him in Milwaukee.

Yes - good person and team guy.  He was great on some of the wickedest pop flies above home plate and down the line.  He rarely muffed one of them - but on blocking and framing - not so good.  When he came up to the plate, at least we had a chance.  Buena suerte Pedro!  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Not the greatest catcher I’ve ever seen, but I thought he was overly maligned on OH.   He got off to a bad start last year both offensively and defensively but improved as the year went along, but got little credit for it.   I wish him the best of luck in Milwaukee.   

I think he was maligned just the right amount. ? I just didn’t enjoy watching his work behind the plate.  The position is called “Catcher” and he didn’t do that well at all.

• Upvote 1