Current free agent catchers: who you got?

interloper

Robinson Chirinos 
Yan Gomes - signed by Cubs
Andrew Knapp
Sandy Leon - signed by Guardians
Manny Pina - signed by Braves
Wilson Ramos
Austin Romine
Pedro Severino - signed by Brewers
Chance Sisco
Kurt Suzuki
Austin Wynns
Roberto Perez - signed by Pirates

I think it would be pretty cool to get Kurt Suzuki as the grizzled veteran. He's well-respected and been in the game 15 years. Who's your pick? 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll take meaningless offseason decisions for $200 Alex.

Whoever signs for the least amount of money.

While largely meaningless, yes, I just think it's kind of interesting because this is the first time I can remember the Os ridding themselves of any and all catchers who made the 40-man after a season. Pedro, Wynns, Sisco, and Ciuffo all made the team and were all dismissed. So while the Os have Adley, they're definitely lacking depth at catcher.

Anyway, I like Kurt but Gomes also has some pop and would be a good choice. 

43 minutes ago, interloper said:

While largely meaningless, yes, I just think it's kind of interesting because this is the first time I can remember the Os ridding themselves of any and all catchers who made the 40-man after a season. Pedro, Wynns, Sisco, and Ciuffo all made the team and were all dismissed. So while the Os have Adley, they're definitely lacking depth at catcher.

Anyway, I like Kurt but Gomes also has some pop and would be a good choice. 

One thing I think people are already overrating is needing to have a vet back up for Adley.  He doesn’t need that.

Kid is so advanced that it won’t matter.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Suzuki and a rule 5 catcher. Then go with AR and the rule 5 catcher once AR is called up. 

What would you do with Suzuki in that case? This is the issue with hoping for an upgrade over Severino. Once Rutschman arrives we hope the backup plays as little as possible.

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

What would you do with Suzuki in that case? This is the issue with hoping for an upgrade over Severino. Once Rutschman arrives we hope the backup plays as little as possible.

Have Suzuki be essentially a coach to mentor AR and the rule 5 catcher. Then DFA Suzuki when AR comes up. I’m assuming that Suzuki would be signed to a milb deal. His incentive to sign the milb deal is that we can give him starter ABs till AR is ready. I don’t think another team will offer that. Obviously, we’d want to sign a second “vet” to an milb deal as well. Likely Wynns. 

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I don’t expect the O’s to run Rutschman into the ground in Year 1.   Last year he caught in 80 games out of the 130 his teams played.