Who could Roch be talking about here?

TCAlumni9700

Freel doesn't overwhelm me. If we make this move it's addition by subtraction, nothing more.

How do you figure? One of our biggest weaknesses last year was not having a backup OF capable of playing CF, and having very weak backup infielders. Freel has proven he is at least a major league caliber hitter, which Bynum/Hernandez/Redman/Fahey will never be.

I'm not claiming he is the savior, and obviously he is paid too much, but when you can significantly improve what had been an awful bench, I would not dismiss it as nothing but addition by subtraction.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R. Hernandez ($4 million), Reimold/Scott and D. Hernandez for Bailey and Freel?
No freaking way.

We're getting Freel for Hernandez straight up. So you're basically saying Reimold or Scott, David Hernandez, and $4M for Homer Bailey. Pass BIG TIME. I'd take a gamble on Bailey's upside, but not at that ridiculous of a price.

I wouldn't trade Reimold or Scott for him. I might trade Hernandez.

Sort of ironic if we get back Freel for Ramon. Freel is the anti-ramon. Scrappy player who always plays hard, sometime to his own detriment. You guys will love watching him play. He plays the game the right way. He was hurt a lot last yr,but I remember him tearing up LHP the yr before that. WE can always use someone who can actually hit lefties

Freel is a SH who can play 2b. IS this move a precursor to another move regarding a Switch hitting 2b ??

I wouldn't trade Reimold or Scott for him. I might trade Hernandez.

Interesting. I posted a poll a couple months ago asking if Reimold for Bailey would be a fair trade, and a majority of OHers voted that Bailey was worth far more than that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8912072

Should we eat some of his salary or try another team?

I wouldn't pick up any of his salary if we are also taking back Freel and his bloated salary. Its not as high as Ramon's, but each of them are roughly equally overpaid.

If the "and a prospect" is somebody worth pitching in the money for though, then my opinion is subject to change. But for now I'm assuming that it is someone completely irrelevant to the future of Orioles baseball.

I wouldn't pick up any of his salary if we are also taking back Freel and his bloated salary. Its not as high as Ramon's, but each of them are roughly equally overpaid.

If the "and a prospect" is somebody worth pitching in the money for though, then my opinion is subject to change. But for now I'm assuming that it is someone completely irrelevant to the future of Orioles baseball.

Okay then lets take it a little further... would you spend 5M for someone like Valaika.

Archived