O's could be getting Marquis

bigbird

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something doesn't sound right. I can't see the Cubs giving up Vitters, Pie, Cedeno, Hill, Derosa and Marquis, and eat 4mm, all for Peavy. But hopefully I am wrong. It will basically mean that the Cubs will have no decent minor league trade chips in the near future.

Something doesn't sound right. I can't see the Cubs giving up Vitters, Pie, Cedeno, Hill, Derosa and Marquis, and eat 4mm, all for Peavy. But hopefully I am wrong. It will basically mean that the Cubs will have no decent minor league trade chips in the near future.

Well, at least it would finally put to rest the rumors of BRob to the Cubs! ;)

Thats a nice haul for San Diego.
By the way, that's a pretty damn good haul for Peavy.

I dont see why this deal is so great for SD.

Vitters was in Single-A last year. Olson hasnt been impressive in the majors. Cedeno is arb eligible but has put up decent in numbers in a limited shot. Hill is out of options and probably could have been picked up on the waiver wire in April. Happ, I will admit I know nothing about.

And talk about clearing out the farm, the Cubs would have moved Gallagher, Patterson, Murton, Pie, Cedeno, Vitters, and Hill for three players.

I dont see how the Cubs can get away not giving up Marshall or Hart, but I guess it is because they are giving up DeRosa for Happ.

Well, at least it would finally put to rest the rumors of BRob to the Cubs! ;)

Well except that they're apparently trading DeRosa so that'll probably get it started up again even if the Cubs have absolutely nothing left in the cupboard.

BTW can anyone else completely not comprehend how Felix Pie went from "untouchable" in a trade for Roberts to half the haul for Garrett Olson? How the mighty have fallen! I mean, he had a bad year but I have no idea what changed so much in ONE YEAR!

Good haul for us, The Cubs are giving up a ton here

I have to believe the Cub's are getting something back other than Peavy, but I guess that really isn't the topic of this thread.

What I am confused about is the delay. Some writers are saying the Cubs potential owners need to approve it, while others say that is not a consideration. Seems like no one really knows what is going on.

From our perspective, we should get this figured out as soon as possible. Hopefully the Cubs would be OK with Olson for Pie, Marquis and $4mm without the Peavy trade nailed down.

Well except that they're apparently trading DeRosa so that'll probably get it started up again even if the Cubs have absolutely nothing left in the cupboard.

BTW can anyone else completely not comprehend how Felix Pie went from "untouchable" in a trade for Roberts to half the haul for Garrett Olson? How the mighty have fallen! I mean, he had a bad year but I have no idea what changed so much in ONE YEAR!

I think Fotenot will be their full time 2B then.

Archived