Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

Yea I saw this and came here to post it.

FTR, I am not for a 10/350 deal however, I would rather give that to him than pay 3-4 players 35M.  Rather pay elite guys than mediocre guys.

I would still look to move Mancini, Mullins and Santander if you did this.  You still need that pipeline of cheap talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would be in favor of taking a splash and signing Correa. Don't think it's going to happen.  You add Correa and Rutschman to the team and the O's might actually be competitive in 2022. 

2023 would be a very interesting year. 2022 will still involve some growing pains for the young core coming up. The games would be much more fun to watch, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Still probably not, but some interesting chatter in the last hour about him and the Orioles.

Hurting the credibility is that Dan Clark Sports retweeted it. 

Story to follow?  So first we'd sign Carlos and then Trevor?  Oh my!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I saw this and came here to post it.

FTR, I am not for a 10/350 deal however, I would rather give that to him than pay 3-4 players 35M.  Rather pay elite guys than mediocre guys.

I would still look to move Mancini, Mullins and Santander if you did this.  You still need that pipeline of cheap talent.

Agreed on all of this.  All about bringing in as much talent as possible.  If you can also bring in more talent by trading Mancini/Mullins/Santander, it still aligns with a potential winning window if CC is here for ten years and you have Adley, Grayson, etc.

7 minutes ago, crowmst3k! said:

2023 would be a very interesting year. 2022 will still involve some growing pains for the young core coming up. The games would be much more fun to watch, that's for sure. 

Yeah, that's how I see it playing out too. 2022 team might lose 90 games, but they will be a lot more competitive. I need to stop thinking about this because I might actually get my hopes up that Correa will sign, lol. 

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would be in favor of taking a splash and signing Correa. Don't think it's going to happen.  You add Correa and Rutschman to the team and the O's might actually be competitive in 2022. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "competitive," but there's a limit to the improvement you can expect from one huge upgrade and one large upgrade (from the rookie catcher for part of the season), without doing a lot more to improve the pitching staff. Maybe you get below 100 losses (assuming a 162-game season). 

Nonetheless, if the Orioles are ready to spend serious money on someone not named Chris Davis -- and I don't think they are -- Correa would be a really good place to start. 

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "competitive," but there's a limit to the improvement you can expect from one huge upgrade and one large upgrade (from the rookie catcher for part of the season), without doing a lot more to improve the pitching staff. Maybe you get below 100 losses (assuming a 162-game season). 

Nonetheless, if the Orioles are ready to spend serious money on someone not named Chris Davis -- and I don't think they are -- Correa would be a really good place to start. 

I'm grading on a curve when I say competitive meaning something like a 70-92 record. That would be an 18 game improvement over last year.