Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This isn’t a difficult concept and a 1/15 deal isn’t something he’s going to jump up and down for joy for.

Greinke has banked over $300 million in his career- if he was forced to choose between 1/$15mil from the O's and 1/$7mil from a contender, I think he would most likely take the latter at this stage of his career.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get how people even find the fake tweets.  Are they doing searches for Correa?  Just follow a few verified accounts and call it a day.

It was retweeted by a national, fairly reputable, sports gambling information site that I follow.

Still my fault for not looking closer.

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get how people even find the fake tweets.  Are they doing searches for Correa?  Just follow a few verified accounts and call it a day.

I’ve seen some fake ones because sometime “Correa” is trending. Also someone’s people fall them and they get retweeted over and over and someone I follow sees it 

Article from 2015 (written at the time by current lead MLB writer for the Athletic) crediting Elias with Correa and approach in the 2012 draft.  Also Elias’ POV on how CC will develop into his 30’s.   https://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2015/06/08/mike-elias-the-astros-driving-force-behind-picking-carlos-correa-reflects-on-the-no-1-pick/

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pat Kelly said:

Article from 2015 (written at the time by current lead MLB writer for the Athletic) crediting Elias with Correa and approach in the 2012 draft.  Also Elias’ POV on how CC will develop into his 30’s.   https://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2015/06/08/mike-elias-the-astros-driving-force-behind-picking-carlos-correa-reflects-on-the-no-1-pick/

It's interesting that they thought Correa was going to get wider but he instead got taller.

I still don't think the Angeloses will sign off on $350 million for him, no matter how highly Elias thinks of him, and I am perfectly okay with that.

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

For what’s it’s worth I heard Bowden on MLB Network radio this morning. He said the Astros owner is willing to go past his comfort zone with Correa. He was basically saying don’t count Houston out.  

He better hurry, Correa just put his Houston area house up for sale lol.

18 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

He better hurry, Correa just put his Houston area house up for sale lol.

Well, it was only a million dollar home, so a starter home for a guy like Correa.

It seems very likely that Mr. Correa will be upgrading his real estate portfolio very soon- wherever he ends up, including Houston.