40 Man Roster

SCJeff

Just now, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I read your position. I have nothing to say to you other than bugger off. 

If you're going to state your opinions be prepared for people to respond to you.

Have no fear though.  This thread is certain to be locked soon enough.

So you accomplished that.  Good job.

Instead of talking about the 40 man, we got to see what an amazing person you are and how much better you are than all the racists.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pickles said:

If you're going to state your opinions be prepared for people to respond to you.

Have no fear though.  This thread is certain to be locked soon enough.

So you accomplished that.  Good job.

Instead of talking about the 40 man, we got to see what an amazing person you are and how much better you are than all the racists.

I am better than you, clearly. Low bar. 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

This seems fair, keep in mind 6 years ago he was 20...so not a kid.  

I'm in the latter half of my 30s now and try to be kind and respectful to everyone I meet, but I grew up in the punk scene and was definitely an edgy little prick in my teens/early 20s, and I would hate to be definitively judged in the present for things I said back then when I was barely out of high school and constantly angry at the world.

People change over time, and generally for the better. Hopefully Keegan has as well.

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I can message you the tweet in question. It’s bad. Even Trumpers I know thought it was disgusting. If you want to see it, I’ll message it, not post it. It’s much worse than what is being discussed here.

I saw the tweet in question, and it was definitely pretty gross, but he wasn't even old enough to drink when it happened. I'm perfectly fine with asking him to comment on it, but preemptively banning him from polite society for something he did just after graduating from his teenage years seems a bit overzealous to me.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I'm in the latter half of my 30s now and try to be kind and respectful to everyone I meet, but I grew up in the punk scene and was definitely an edgy little prick in my teens/early 20s, and I would hate to be definitively judged in the present for things I said back then when I was barely out of high school and constantly angry at the world.

People change over time, and generally for the better. Hopefully Keegan has as well.

I saw the tweet in question, and it was definitely pretty gross, but he wasn't even old enough to drink when it happened. I'm perfectly fine with asking him to comment on it, but preemptively banning him from polite society for something he did just after graduating from his teenage years seems a bit overzealous to me.

I respectfully disagree but appreciate the dignified response. He stinks and than this? Why is he on the 40 man. Reminds me of Sir Sydney frame wise.

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

Good grief, that went ridiculous quickly. So, about the 40 man roster….

Seems that Chirinos would be the 40th man, but there is plenty of room if Correa and another MLB starter want to come aboard. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the 40 man tbh.

There's half a dozen guys on it that we could lose without me blinking.

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

Seems that Chirinos would be the 40th man, but there is plenty of room if Correa and another MLB starter want to come aboard. 

Yeah, there are probably at least 3-5 guys on our 40 man right now that I would drop without hesitation and never lose a wink of sleep over.

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I respectfully disagree but appreciate the dignified response. He stinks and than this? Why is he on the 40 man. Reminds me of Sir Sydney frame wise.

I still believe in forgiveness and redemption, despite the present contempt for such things from a depressingly large segment of the population.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

We're roughly the same age, and at 20 I knew more then enough not to say or agree with or like anything even remotely like that tweet. I currently teach teenagers....and they're all well aware that you should not stay stuff like that, but as teens they also sometimes say stupid things. When called on it, they at least tend to recognize the error enough to apologize. I don't think removing from the 40 man roster, which is a professional consequence, is akin to removing from polite society. If I had liked that tweet at 20, and it came out now, I would certainly face questions (which is the max that most of us are advocating for anyways).

• Like 1

I never heard about the tweet. It’s pretty disgusting though. Combined with the fact that he sucks, and has seemingly made no effort to get in shape, I wouldn’t lose any sleep if I never have to see him in an O’s uniform again. That said, I wouldn’t cut him over it now. I’d hope the team addressed it with him and believe it was a one off thing. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

We're roughly the same age, and at 20 I knew more then enough not to say or agree with or like anything even remotely like that tweet. 

People grow and mature at different rates, and 6 years is an eon for someone still in their mid-20s. I was barely the same person at 26 as I was at 19 or 20. 

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I don't think removing from the 40 man roster, which is a professional consequence, is akin to removing from polite society. If I had liked that tweet at 20, and it came out now, I would certainly face questions (which is the max that most of us are advocating for anyways).

The person who the "banned from polite society" remark was addressed to seems to be advocating for exactly that.