Orioles avoid arbitration with Mancini. Mutual option for 2023.

Snutchy

• Snutchy changed the title to Orioles avoid arbitration with Mancini. Mutual option for 2023.

What are the chances that both Mancini and the team think he is worth exactly 1/10 after this season?

Gotta be close to zero. This would make sense if it was a team option. And Mancini would have to hit better than he did in 2021 for them to pick it up. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because extending Mancini does not seem to be the type of move Elias would make.

It totally looks like the type of move Peter would have made.

I must've misunderstood then. I thought the comment was about a potential Means extension.

Extending Mancini would be something that doesn't make sense...so it would probably be ideal for the O's to do it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I must've misunderstood then. I thought the comment was about a potential Means extension.

Extending Mancini would be something that doesn't make sense...so it would probably be ideal for the O's to do it.

Same thoughts. 

10 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Sorry, I was on the phone at the time and misread, didn't have my glasses on. 

I also don't think Elias would be keen on extending Means but I'll admit it's more likely than Mancini.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sorry, I was on the phone at the time and misread, didn't have my glasses on. 

I also don't think Elias would be keen on extending Means but I'll admit it's more likely than Mancini.

Get yourself situated! Slipping! 

• Upvote 1