Kyle Stowers 2022

Tony-OH

Fwiw, X-rays often don’t show hand/wrist fractures until callus starts to form, a few weeks in.  A slight fracture will feel like a bruise at first, but then will swell up within an hour or so. 

The sequence of being hit, staying in, later coming out, then not playing for more than a day or two sure feels like a fit for a hairline or small-bone fracture. 

But I’m not a doctor and don’t play one on TV either. 

9 minutes ago, justD said:

Fwiw, X-rays often don’t show hand/wrist fractures until callus starts to form, a few weeks in.  A slight fracture will feel like a bruise at first, but then will swell up within an hour or so. 

The sequence of being hit, staying in, later coming out, then not playing for more than a day or two sure feels like a fit for a hairline or small-bone fracture. 

But I’m not a doctor and don’t play one on TV either. 

Hmmm... I still have a picture of the x-ray from my wrist fracture in 2015.   It was a couple hours after it happened and it was pretty clear.   It was a crack at the end of the bone leading up to the wrist.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Hmmm... I still have a picture of the x-ray from my wrist fracture in 2015.   It was a couple hours after it happened and it was pretty clear.   It was a crack at the end of the bone leading up to the wrist.

Well, what do I know.  Glad I included the disclaimer. 

22 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Yusniel Diaz hit 2 HR tonight.  He's seizing his chance with Stowers out of the lineup!  

Diaz will play regardless of Stowers being injured. 

I guess we’re looking at a fracture or break at this point. Three straight games out of the lineup. Not looking good.