Coby Mayo 2022

ChuckS

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I checked the box score before the HRs and his OPS was at .730ish now after those two HRs it’s at .811. So if you just look at the numbers he goes from “scuffling” to “adjusting just fine to A+ ball”. What a difference a game makes, but long term that is going to be Mayo’s game… Power. 

This is exactly what I was about to look up. Thanks for posting.

Another great reminder that we're still in small sample size territory, though probably getting toward the end of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, connja said:

He's been out of the starting lineup the past few games - is he injured?

I tried searching Twitter, but at this stage of his career I get more hits for colby cheese than Colby Mayo. I don't see any mention of injuries either. 

Edit: I'm an idiot and mixed up his name again.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I tried searching Twitter, but at this stage of his career I get more hits for colby cheese than Colby Mayo. I don't see any mention of injuries either. 

That's probably because his name is Coby :)

If he's injured the Orioles certainly won't be quick to tell us, so we just need to wait these things out these days.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

That's probably because his name is Coby :)

If he's injured the Orioles certainly won't be quick to tell us, so we just need to wait these things out these days.

Argh. sleep deprivation strikes again. I got three hours sleep last night and I've been out of it all day.

It's also a blindspot for me because I went to school with someone named Colby and not Coby.

And searching on his actual name doesn't bring up any additional results. 

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Argh. sleep deprivation strikes again. I got three hours sleep last night and I've been out of it all day.

It's also a blindspot for me because I went to school with someone named Colby and not Coby.

And searching on his actual name doesn't bring up any additional results. 

Someday we'll all be enjoying Coby cheese w/ some Coby mayo thanks to Coby.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Hits his 11th homerun.

Whats everyone thoughts on Mayo? Alittle disappointed about the strikeouts, low BA and pedestrian OBP - maybe Mountcastle upside. Cheap power hitter 1B/RF with flaws - trade when expensive.

He’s still very young. I’ll give it more time before fully casting off the lofty hopes many of us had for him just a month and a half ago. Is another Mountcastle a more likely (and still good!) outcome? Most likely, but I’m still dreaming on more. Also he has a cannon for an arm so he will be able to play the outfield. 

35 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Hits his 11th homerun.

Whats everyone thoughts on Mayo? Alittle disappointed about the strikeouts, low BA and pedestrian OBP - maybe Mountcastle upside. Cheap power hitter 1B/RF with flaws - trade when expensive.

Unless you viewed his upside as Mountcastle at the end of last season there is no reason for that to be the case now. The kid is 20. Calm down. 

1 hour ago, TheWall said:

Unless you viewed his upside as Mountcastle at the end of last season there is no reason for that to be the case now. The kid is 20. Calm down. 

Seriously. Mayo is having a perfectly fine season. The power is very legit. He's 20 and tied for 2nd for the minor league organizational home run lead! He only trails a guy who's already in the majors and 4 years older by only one home run.

• Upvote 1