The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

It has been cold at Camden Yards so far this year, I'll withhold final judgement until I see how it plays during the summer....but so far it just seems to extreme, and makes the park to biased in favor of left handed hitters 

And we have one major league caliber LH hitter, and one major league caliber switch hitter, on the roster at this time.

But we do have a good # of LH bats in the pipeline....

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And we have one major league caliber LH hitter, and one major league caliber switch hitter, on the roster at this time.

But we do have a good # of LH bats in the pipeline....

Might be a good idea to get some more left handed pitchers in the pipeline.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure I'll take a good right handed guy over a poor left handed one.

But left/right splits are a thing.

I think at this point the Orioles have more good LH pitchers/prospects then RH ones

I find these comments ridiculous.  The Orioles did not change the dimensions to make the games more exciting.   They did it because the Orioles were losing significantly more runs to their opponents than they were gaining via cheap homers, and they were having a hard time attracting FA pitchers.   So far this year the O’s have lost more homers than their opponents, but this is a long term play, not something to be judged in a month.   

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I find these comments ridiculous.  The Orioles did not change the dimensions to make the games more exciting.   They did it because the Orioles were losing significantly more runs to their opponents than they were gaining via cheap homers, and they were having a hard time attracting FA pitchers.   So far this year the O’s have lost more homers than their opponents, but this is a long term play, not something to be judged in a month.   

If you aren't willing to offer competitive contracts you don't get coveted pitchers.

So far the only rumor I've heard about the wall in left impacting a free agent was Correa.

I don't recall any pitcher citing the left field wall as the reason they didn't sign with Baltimore.

• Upvote 1