Buck Britton Will Be An Elite ML Manager

NelsonCruuuuuz

Look at Norfolk. Team has been in the scrap heap for a decade. Yeah, I get it, look who started tonight but look at his track record. Look at Bowie. Guy is amazing. I have been lucky enough to meet him and an absolute class act. 

I think if you let him manage the Orioles right now, with this group, good for 8-10 more wins. Hyde isn’t bad, no bad blood there, he’s been given a turd sandwich, but Britton is better. He is special IMO.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He is a great guy but basing his future MLB manager skills on him being the manager for the best team in MiLB last season and a super stacked MiLB team now is not it.

He would get 8-10 more wins at the MLB level possibly by bringing some Norfolk players with him.

Rodriquez, absolutely. 

11 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

And thank you. You do a terrific job with your minor league coverage. Value your opinion immensely. 

How is Martin looking? Walking a lot I see…

I agree, Joey is awesome. As for Martin, he's having really, really good ABs right now. His swing decisions are very good and he's a very tough AB.  

Saying that, Stowers is a beast and Vavra may be the toughest out in the system right now!

• Upvote 2

Managers don’t improve teams by many wins at all unless there is a large culture change, ala Buck.

There are no culture issues here or in the minors.  Players like being here.  The players are close to each other.  Hyde seems to be well liked.  The coaching staff seems to be well liked.

Britton isn’t doing any better with these guys than Hyde is.  No manager would.  There is just very little talent to work with.

I remember some years ago Baseball Prospectus tried to quantify the difference between the best and worst MLB managers in a given season and came up with something like 1.5 additional wins on average.

Buck Britton would likely be a great major league manager and might improve the team by his presence alone, but 8-10 wins is hyperbole

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I agree, Joey is awesome. As for Martin, he's having really, really god ABs right now. His swing decisions are very good and he a very tough AB.  

Saying that, Stowers is a beast and Vavra may be the toughest out in the system right now!

Yeah I’d like to see Vavra up here in May if he continues to hit at Norfolk. 

50 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I remember some years ago Baseball Prospectus tried to quantify the difference between the best and worst MLB managers in a given season and came up with something like 1.5 additional wins on average.

Buck Britton would likely be a great major league manager and might improve the team by his presence alone, but 8-10 wins is hyperbole

Disagree. Just because that’s all they were able to quantify doesn’t mean that’s all the difference. I mean just look at what happened to the Orioles when they went from Trembley to Buck.