The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is Angelos doesn't care about winning, so don't get your hopes up on this signing. Was a pretty obvious point...

Angelos likes the idea of having the local kid on the team. He undertsands that in order to bring the fans back the Orioles have to invest something in the team. The attendance spike from Tex alone will cover his cost & then some. If the Orioles are able to contend in the next few years the attendence could return to form 35-40K everynight. The cash flow would be a windfall.

Go Hank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex was at the game ....Whats more important is what he was doing before or after.

Right. I'm not going to sit here and tell you he was there getting woo-ed into playing for the Orioles or anything, because I really haven't the foggiest idea about that.

But I do know that he was there.

Right. I'm not going to sit here and tell you he was there getting woo-ed into playing for the Orioles or anything, because I really haven't the foggiest idea about that.

But I do know that he was there.

This whole process would be a lot easier to disect if Teixeira wasn't from Baltimore. It does worry me that he hasn't signed yet, even though we have a strong offer on the table. I am starting to get the feeling that we are being played.

This whole process would be a lot easier to disect if Teixeira wasn't from Baltimore. It does worry me that he hasn't signed yet, even though we have a strong offer on the table. I am starting to get the feeling that we are being played.

I have to imagine that's a distinct possibility, but I can't imagine we'll get played with the opposition being the Red Sox. If it was the MFY's, then I'd be concerned.

The Red Sox won't go to $200MM, I don't think. They're smarter than that.

Boras to Angelos :

served.jpg

Not to get off topic, but that pisses me off. The Orioles don't want to pay for security so they ask for police because its "free" and have the city aka the taxpayer foot the bills on cops with OT. Buncha cheapskates.

Anyways, thanks for the info Intimidator. I also got the pleasure of seeing my rep to you be the difference between your first and second pip. I think its the first time I've noticed myself be a pipmaker.

A friend of mine had a buddy who used to work for the Baltimore City PD, and he also worked Orioles games. He did get paid overtime but IIRC it was the Orioles who picked up the tab, they weren't being paid by the PD.

I would imagine it would be the same in this case. Plus it may be less expensive than hiring a private security firm for these things and should anything ever get out of hand no need to wait for police to arrive.

Archived