The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just listening to Boston sports radio and they had Ken Rosenthal on and he said that the 4 teams still involved from most likely to least were..

1) Sox

2) Angels

3) Nats

4) Yanks

He never even mentioned the Orioles and said that the wildcard would be the Nats since he thinks they will offer the most.

Can't believe the Orioles are continually written off.

pheww! Relax people, it was a false alarm! Tex isn't coming here. . .Rosenthal said so!:rolleyes::D

I do not take anything he says seriously. I just have a hard time liking the guy. I think his coverage in general is just not good and really incomplete.

Anyone agree?

I think most of the writers are in the dark. Look at the Furcal signing. No one that I read ever said the Braves were even a possibility. Then, out of nowhere, the signing is done. NOt sure Rosenthal knows any more or less than anyone else out there right now.

I was just listening to Boston sports radio and they had Ken Rosenthal on and he said that the 4 teams still involved from most likely to least were..

1) Sox

2) Angels

3) Nats

4) Yanks

He never even mentioned the Orioles and said that the wildcard would be the Nats since he thinks they will offer the most.

Didn't Rosenthal say the Red Sox were close to signing him last week? I mean, he is probably just going on what he is hearing from his sources. Knowing AM's MO, Rosenthal is not hearing much about the O's from his sources.

When you think about it, you know what is truly staggering, comical, and ironically thought provoking all at the same time? The number of views and posts associated with but four threads dealing with Mark Texeira.

If you consider all three of the "Mark Texiera Watch" threads and Roy's "Now Hear This" thread, there have been roughly 9500 posts and some, get this, 676,930 views. Incredible!

Does Rosenthal hold a grudge or something against the O's? I know he worked for The Sun, and covered them for a while. All of his comments about the O's are disparaging (not that we haven't given him many reasons not to be). Anyway, he gets on my nerves and it has nothing to do with the radio report. Allright, rant over.

Tho, the report about us dropping out this week wouldnt have helped drive the price on Boston. Thus it seems odd that Tex himself came out and said that he is interested in us. I am a broken record here but the timing of him saying this to Ravech just seems suspicious to me. There has to be a motive.

1) Sox

2) Angels

3) Nats

4) Yanks

The media, I have come to learn are almost always wrong when it comes to predicting things, honestly, go back and look at ESPN or SI predictions for baseball or football before the year starts, they are almost always wayyyyy off, I have learned that they simply make these predictions too keep fanatics like us watching and reading. They try to come off as geniuses but I would bet many of us know more than the "experts"

I am curious when a reporter like Karl Ravich reports, "Sources close to the negotiations," does this typically come from other agents/media members? Maybe Roy Firestone would have the most insite. Obviously we can only speculate, but I am assuming this means that his info is not coming from The O's, Sox, Angels, or Nats (and for the love of god not the Yankees.)

My guess is his info comes from other agents, not Boras, or the media with an outside chance at someone involved or close to Tex. Roy if you see this I would love to know your take on the way crediting annonymous sources are thought about by the major media.

If this was Boras spreading info to get Boston or LA to up the offer I would assume it would be much more widespread like much of the other info has been.

Archived