The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

So let me get this straight. Less than two days ago Belkast is adamant that Tex and Angelos will be at the game and a huge, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal will be offered. He basically says it's an absolute certainty. Now he says "well they did meet together over the weekend."

Insider, huh? Hmmmm.

Perhaps you should reread the other threads. Belkast never said that Tex and Angelos were going to be at the game together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So let me get this straight. Less than two days ago Belkast is adamant that Tex and Angelos will be at the game and a huge, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal will be offered. He basically says it's an absolute certainty. Now he says "well they did meet together over the weekend."

Insider, huh? Hmmmm.

Both Belkast and Sonny76 tried to get confirmation on whether Tex and Pete would be at the game, but never could.

(Dip steps up on his soap box)

"May I have your attention please. Over the past few days, we have had excellent discussions going on in the Teixeira Trilogy threads. Two of them have already been closed out due to people questioning insiders, questioning the staff, and just plain being rude to others. Can we please, PLEASE, stick with the discussion and NOT start this stuff again so that this thread can stay open until the 'Orioles Bring Tex Home' thread starts? Thank you for your time and understanding. Good day!"

(Dip gets down off his soap box)

Exactly. If it was his boyhood dream to play for the O's, and we've put the "wow" offer in front of him, you'd think this would be done by now.

Might have been his boyhood dream to play for the Orioles who were actually quite good when he was a boy. However, the last 10 years? Not so much.

Since he's been in the majors:

2003 Texas Rangers - 4th place and 71-91

2004 Texas Rangers - 3rd place and 89-73

2005 Texas Rangers - 3rd place and 79-83

2006 Texas Rangers - 3rd place and 80-82

2007 Texas Rangers - 4th place and 75-87

2007 Atlanta Braves - 3rd place and 84-78

2008 Atlanta Braves - 4th place and 72-90

2008 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - 1st place and 100-62

I'd say some of those were pretty decent teams (primarily 2k4 Rangers, 2k7 Braves, and obviously the 2k8 Angels), but for the most part..they were not pennant caliber teams. He was also on teams with no home-town loyalties. So, can you fault the man for wanting to win? One would think if the Orioles haven't sucked for the last 10 years, that the money we were offering him would get him here in a second. But sometimes winning is better than losing....sometimes there are other things better than money.

"May I have your attention please. Over the past few days, we have had excellent discussions going on in the Teixeira Trilogy threads. Two of them have already been closed out due to people questioning insiders, questioning the staff, and just plain being rude to others. Can we please, PLEASE, stick with the discussion and NOT start this stuff again so that this thread can stay open until the 'Orioles Bring Tex Home' thread starts? Thank you for your time and understanding. Good day!"

I agree Dip. But the next time you get on your soap box, I'm kicking it out from under ya.:laughlol::laughlol::laughlol:

Goodness, if this isn't a gratuitous attempt at scarfing up some rep points. :rolleyes:

;):D

Insider, huh? Hmmmm.

Actually, belkast never said Tex would be at the game and stated that his source was unclear about that.

Totally agree with this.

I'd rep ya but need to spread some around first. judging by what's been posted in the past 12 hrs, that could take awhile. :)

Might have been his boyhood dream to play for the Orioles who were actually quite good when he was a boy. However, the last 10 years? Not so much.

Since he's been in the majors:

2003 Texas Rangers - 4th place and 71-91

2004 Texas Rangers - 3rd place and 89-73

2005 Texas Rangers - 3rd place and 79-83

2006 Texas Rangers - 3rd place and 80-82

2007 Texas Rangers - 4th place and 75-87

2007 Atlanta Braves - 3rd place and 84-78

2008 Atlanta Braves - 4th place and 72-90

2008 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - 1st place and 100-62

I'd say some of those were pretty decent teams (primarily 2k4 Rangers, 2k7 Braves, and obviously the 2k8 Angels), but for the most part..they were not pennant caliber teams. He was also on teams with no home-town loyalties. So, can you fault the man for wanting to win? One would think if the Orioles haven't sucked for the last 10 years, that the money we were offering him would get him here in a second. But sometimes winning is better than losing....sometimes there are other things better than money.

If Tex's agent was someone other than Scott Boras, then I'd completely be on board with you here. I'd be a lot more worried about him signing with Boston for less money, or even with the Angels for less money. But Boras is his agent. I can't, for the life of me, remember a player taking less money for anything with Boras as their agent. It's just my opinion and all, but I don't see Teixeira signing for any reason other than "Who offered me the most money?"

It's the same reason why I don't think people should be underestimating D.C. in all of this.

So is there any confirmation Tex was at the game? Viv and Bulldog are saying he was there in Bisciotti's suite, along with Cal, Gary Williams, and Phelps.

Is any of this true?

Also wouldn't be interesting if down the road Cal and Bisciotti bought the O's, but can Bisciotti own a MLB club if he owns the Ravens?

Archived