The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is what i want to know from Belkast and Sonny:

What are you hearing in terms of what Tex and Boras are saying?

I am guessing you guys are confident because of the idea that we are going to throw a big deal on the table.(or already have)

But the reality is, Belkast and Sonny likely have no idea what Tex is thinking or what level the other teams are going to go to.

That is something everyone here really needs to understand....Belkast has said bag it but chances are he says that because he feels no one will top our offer.

But, in all likelihood, he doesn't know that.

Am I right Belkast?

So you don't believe Roy's info about Tex's father saying that Tex wants to be an Oriole and just needed a large offer to sign on the dotted line?

I mean PGA and Tex did meet this weekend according to Belkast, so why wouldn't the rest of the information be true?

I'm quite certain that no matter what offer he signs, he going to have long term security. If you don't have that at 150mm +, then shame on you.
Just to put it into perspective, Tex would be making $154,000 bucks per game at the figures being tossed around, and would be doing that for 6 - 10 years.

Good work when you can get it.

So you don't believe Roys info about Tex's father satying that Tex wants to be an Oriole and just needed a large offer to sign on the dotted line?

It doesn't seem like Roy himself necessarily believed his info was credible, based on all of the caveats he included.

I could use a dose of JTrea optimism today, though, as I am quickly losing hope.

I just want this to be over one way or the other, this is taking years off my life, I swear. :puke:

Here's the thing. A month ago, we were asking ourselves how serious AM was at going after Tex, and we were concerned that we were gonna make some embarassing, low ball offer. Well, we have seen that was not the case. We think we have made a 7/150 offer out there, and we have insiders saying that offer has gone up to anywhere from 9/180 to 10/200+. At this point, the Orioles have made good faith offers and us fans should be happy. IF Tex decides at this point to "bleed the turnip" or just plain out would rather play in Boston, well then good riddance to him. I am happy with the effort from MacPhail AND Angelos. I hope to God we land him, but the ball is not in our court, its in Tex's. We have apparantly made it well known to Tex and Boras that we will go as high as needed to bring him in...if he chooses not to come, nothing we can do about that!

So you don't believe Roy's info about Tex's father saying that Tex wants to be an Oriole and just needed a large offer to sign on the dotted line?

I mean PGA and Tex did meet this weekend according to Belkast, so why wouldn't the rest of the information be true?

I have no doubt that PGA and Tex met this weekend. However, don't you find it funny that after the WOW offer, Tex is still "mulling" us over?

So you don't believe Roys info about Tex's father satying that Tex wants to be an Oriole and just needed a large offer to sign on the dotted line?

First of all, I don't need anyone telling me that Tex wants to be here and needs a big offer to be here...That has been obvious for at least 3 years now.

Secondly, to my knowledge, none of the insiders know what the other party is thinking..they just know what we may be willing to do.

I have no doubt that PGA and Tex met this weekend. However, don't you find it funny that after the WOW offer, Tex is still "mulling" us over?

There is nothing suspicious about it. Tex is going to consult with boras and his family about the decision. Belkast reported the offer was just offered this weekend so I would think he would take a few days especially with boras as his agent to see if any teams could top the offer. It's in Tex court now we just got to be patient and stay sane.

First of all, I don't need anyone telling me that Tex wants to be here and needs a big offer to be here...That has been obvious for at least 3 years now.

Secondly, to my knowledge, none of the insiders know what the other party is thinking..they just know what we may be willing to do.

If he really wants to be a Oriole, money shouldn't matter

Maybe he really doesn't want to be an Oriole, but also doesn't want to take less money to play somewhere else. Pretty tough decision.

But the reality is, Belkast and Sonny likely have no idea what Tex is thinking or what level the other teams are going to go to.?

That is the sad reality. The O's could offer the best deal by a factor of 10, but if he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want to be here... We're hearing about commitment from the warehouse, but we're in the dark on the Tex side...

Archived