The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

After reading/skimming though all of the Tex threads (I, II, III, and Roy's), I just want this to be over with one way or the other. If we get Tex, then great. If we miss out on Tex, then I hope MacPhail has a plan in place in case we don't sign him.

I will remain optimistic about the O's chances of signing Tex, until it has been reported that Tex has signed someplace else.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is the sad reality. The O's could offer the best deal by a factor of 10, but if he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want to be here...

Exactly. If it was his boyhood dream to play for the O's, and we've put the "wow" offer in front of him, you'd think this would be done by now.

I don't know that we can say for sure that he is "mulling it over". Yes, we know he hasn't signed yet, but maybe there's other things that need to be done before we would know if he decided. Maybe he's just doing those things. Make any sense? In other words, in the time between our offer and his decision, we don't really know if he's unsure or if there's other things he's taking care of.

Yeah. Maybe he's going Christmas shopping! :scratchchinhmm:

What an unfortunate decision Tex has to make either way.

#1 Play for Baltimore, Immediately become a hometown hero, and make $200 million dollars doing it. :scratchchinhmm:

OR:

#2 Play for Boston, Immediately become a perennial contender, and make over $150 million dollars doing it.:scratchchinhmm:

What a horrible dilemma to be in :rolleyes:

Go O's

There is nothing suspicious about it. Tex is going to consult with boras and his family about the decision. Belkast reported the offer was just offered this weekend so I would think he would take a few days especially with boras as his agent to see if any teams could top the offer. It's in Tex court now we just got to be patient and stay sane.
I don't know that we can say for sure that he is "mulling it over". Yes, we know he hasn't signed yet, but maybe there's other things that need to be done before we would know if he decided. Maybe he's just doing those things. Make any sense? In other words, in the time between our offer and his decision, we don't really know if he's unsure or if there's other things he's taking care of.

Good points, gentlemen. I really hope one of you are right. I guess you could say it's the last 11 years of incompetence that's clouding my judgment. :(

At least you have a job!!!:o:(:mwahaha:

Maybe not for much longer. Especially if I keep this up. :D

Exactly. If it was his boyhood dream to play for the O's, and we've put the "wow" offer in front of him, you'd think this would be done by now.

Well there are other performance clauses and incentive clauses and probably a no-trade and things like that that would need to be worked out.

The money might be fine, but there's more that $ that goes into a contract.

Maybe he really doesn't want to be an Oriole, but also doesn't want to take less money to play somewhere else. Pretty tough decision.

I think its all about PA and MacPhails negotiating skills. They have to persuade Tex that they are committed to building a winner around him. This is why Boston is such a big player. They are relatively young and already really really good.

If Tex is going to come to bmore he's gotta know that we will pursue pitching and continue building offense around him (I think we would already have a potent enough lineup w/ him and wieters, but he has to know we'll build a winner)

That's what I was wondering...

The staff wants to be internet tough guy only whe they want to.

Don't slander the staff and call them names. They are doing what they think is fair in their minds. Try to be more understanding of this. Plus you don't have a lot of posts to be trying to throw your weight around. But let's get the thread back on track where it should be.

An offer is not a contract. "I"'s need to be dotted and "T"'s need to be crossed. All the legal Who-Fors and What-Nots need to ironned out and included. This is a potential 200M deal. Those of us that have closed on a house know of the sea of legal-ese involved.

Guest Sailor Jerry

So let me get this straight. Less than two days ago Belkast is adamant that Tex and Angelos will be at the game and a huge, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal will be offered. He basically says it's an absolute certainty. Now he says "well they did meet together over the weekend."

Insider, huh? Hmmmm.

So let me get this straight. Less than two days ago Belkast is adamant that Tex and Angelos will be at the game and a huge, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal will be offered. He basically says it's an absolute certainty. Now he says "well they did meet together over the weekend."

Insider, huh? Hmmmm.

He is just posting the information given to him by his source. He has credibility so please don't insult him by questioning his information like that. That is just rude and uncalled for.

Archived