Saturday April 16 vs Yankees

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Moves like this really make me question what Elias is doing or honestly, if he knows what he;s doing.

Lakins was not good AAA. Why is he the guy you bring up when you need a reliever? 

Because you can DFA him and you don't care if you lose him? Guess, what, that's last year's BS.

Sedlock, Hartman, Diplan and Vespi were probably all better options. 

How much of the decision making is influenced by crappy analytics? What is Sig working with an i486 computer? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Actually when you use about 6 relievers the night before, and you then have to go to your 3rd pitcher of the night in the 5th, and you might be saving a long man (Akin or AWells) to start in a couple days... you pretty much have to use every available body in the bullpen.

Can't blame Hyde.  Not much he can do.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Then maybe don't use him with the heart of the order coming up.

They should have never have tried to bring Baumann back after that delay anyways. 

Why anyone would bring Laskins up for the middle of the order is beyond me.  Why Laskins is on the roster is beyond me.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Why anyone would bring Laskins up for the middle of the order is beyond me.  Why Laskins is on the roster is beyond me.

He might have been the only righty available, and the middle of the order is pretty righthanded.   I think the only guys left in the pen that didn't pitch last night are Fry, Akin, and Alex Wells.   Unless I am forgetting someone.   Figures the one game I don't chart who is available in the bullpen ahead of time so I don't have the info in front of me.

He should not have been on the roster in the first place, as everyone else is saying of course.

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I’d like to see Sedlock and Vespi get a shot.

I'd like to see practically anyone that we haven't seen for the past two or three years.  Sedlock and Vespi might be as bad as Lakins but we'll never know until we try.  Let's get some other guys up here to see if they can be just as bad.  Maybe we'll be surprised and they'll suck slightly less.