MLB Network

Orioles West

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLB Seasons is on right now. 1995 is the year and Cal is getting coverage.

That was a decent show. I almost forgot how much the rest of the nation was fired up about Cal's run. And I forgot about the Yankees being the first ones to realize the streak was over a few years later and left their dugout to give props to Cal.

Cool stuff.

-Don

I've watched a couple episodes of Hot Stove and have really liked it too. Interesting guests (Scott Boras, Mike Flanagan). Discussion and coverage of all of baseball, not just the Yankees and Red Sox. Some interesting points brought up (such as when Harold Reynolds noted that veteran players not getting the big bucks in the free agent market like they used to might be partially caused by there being more "statu guys" in front offices now who aren't as likely to value things like "veteran leadership" as much as old school GMs did).

I'm liking this channel a lot. I'll watch Hot Stove and the in-season version over Baseball Tonihgt all the time, from what I've seen so far.

MLB Network has been a pleasant suprise. I've been glued to it for the past 3 days.

I'm well beyond the glued stage.

I've had it on my downstairs TV since it launched on Jan.1. The family TV is upstairs, and I've been banned from there, until I'm willing to watch something else other than Hot Stove and tons of baseball highlights.

Basement isn't so bad...

-Don

Add me to the group that is addicted to MLBN, I am actually surprised how much I like it.

I don't know if addicted is a strong enough word to use for me. I turn it on at 3 when I get home from work and keep it on until midnight. I can't get enough of it!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if addicted is a strong enough word to use for me. I turn it on at 3 when I get home from work and keep it on until midnight. I can't get enough of it!!!!!!!!!!

Right there with ya, Dip, We get home almost exactly at 7. Hot Stove, and then whatever programming they have after. And I rewatch Hot Stove in the morning.

Side note - I may have to pick up the Burns Baseball series on DVD. Loved the first "inning."

Did you all see Millar tonight as one of the panelists for the Hot Stove show?

I didn't get to see much as my wife stole the remote. I said, "That's Millar on there!". She goes, "Who's Millar?". I say, "Well, he's only been an Oriole the last 2 years." She says, "That shows how much attention I pay to them when you're watching."

So, everyone enjoy your MLB Network.

Hilarious.

On that little "informercial" they have on the commercial breaks that talks about how great the MLBN is, (the one that Harold Reynolds starts off by saying something like "This is the biggest thing I've ever done") they totally leave Hazel Mae's name off. Everyone else gets their name flashed on the screen when they get introduced except for her.

(And is it really the biggest thing you've ever been a part of, Harold? C'mon dude.)

Archived