MLB Network

Orioles West

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am weird, or is anyone else looking forward the MLB Network launching Jan.1?

I just can't quite get enough baseball info on the 'net, I need a 24/7 channel.

Really.

-Don (actually, it will be interesting to see how they cover they rest of the Hot Stove season)

I can't wait either. Besides OH and keeping up with Roch and Schmuck, I get tired of hearing about everyone besides the Birds.

I'm interested to see what they do with it.

Any idea if Comcast is going to carry it with basic? Or is it going to be like the NFL network?

I'm not sure on cable. For my DirecTV (hey, it is how I keep up with MASN and the Orioles from afar), it is part of the sports pack for me. Channel 213 I think for DTV.

-Don

It's already on FIOS. Channel 86. They just run continuous highlight loops with a note saying coming January 1 at the bottom... Right now they are running a great defensive plays reel. Just saw Bo Jackson running up the wall at Memorial Stadium. And Jim Edmonds laying flat out with his back to the plate.

Now they are showing All Century Team highlights.

Even when they aren't on the air yet it's worth tuning in to!

FWIW they go on the air at 6PM ET on January 1.

It's already on FIOS. Channel 86. They just run continuous highlight loops with a note saying coming January 1 at the bottom... Right now they are running a great defensive plays reel. Just saw Bo Jackson running up the wall at Memorial Stadium. And Jim Edmonds laying flat out with his back to the plate.

6 pm? I was kind of hoping midnight on New Year's Eve. As in Happy New Year, where is some baseball?

Ah well, it is a start.

-Don

No FIOS in my neck of the woods. That's what I get for living behind the redwood curtain. :mad:

Is there going to be an HD channel (586). The NHL network is amazing. Hope the MLB network is just as good. They would probably to be able to put a game on a night.

I'm interested to see what they do with it.

Any idea if Comcast is going to carry it with basic? Or is it going to be like the NFL network?

I know Comcast has to carry it in some form. That was a requirement that allowed them to offer the MLB Extra Inning package two years ago when MLB was preparing to make it a Direct TV exclusive. There are subscriber requirement numbers that Comcast must hit based on the agreement.

I'm really excited about it, honestly.

I must say, though, that I'm not looking forward to "Red Sox Memories Part I". http://www.mlb.com/network/schedule/?ymd=20090102 If they cover other team's memories too, then that's fine.

Is there going to be an HD channel (586). The NHL network is amazing. Hope the MLB network is just as good. They would probably to be able to put a game on a night.

- They will carry about 26 live games on Thursday night.

- There will be an HD channel. Only Direct TV has confirmed that they will carry it on a specific station.

They've hired some good talent (http://www.mlb.com/network/personalities/). Hopefully it doesn't turn into "Yankees and Red Sox Network - All day, All year". Of course, they're a big market so I expect a lot of coverage for them, but I can't handle too much.

I tried getting channel info from Comcast today. Didn't work out too well.

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:07:11 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

this will be on 771-780 channel

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:05:43 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

I thought that was MLB Extra Innings?

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

as for the moment these channels are showing the NHL renter ice but once the MLB started this 2009 the channel will be MLB extra innings

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:36 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

771-780 NHL Center Ice/MLB Extra Innings Digital Sports Packages

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:06:37 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

Yeah, that's the MLB Extra Innings stuff.

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:06:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

MLB Network is a new network. One channel.

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:06:52 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

It's like the NFL Network, but for MLB.

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:09:08 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

yes

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:09:35 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

Since the MLB has not started yet the channels still shows the NHL center Ice games

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

I know, but we're talking about two different packages.

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:09 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

I'm not asking about MLB Extra Innings.

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:28 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

I'm asking about the MLB Network. It will be a year round station and it starts January 1st 2009 at 6pm.

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:10:38 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

We do not have the MLB network

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:10:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

We only have the MLB extra Innings

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

You will. You're required to carry it per the agreement you reached with MLB two years ago.

Comcast Rep(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:11:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

As for the moment Shane

- There will be an HD channel. Only Direct TV has confirmed that they will carry it on a specific station.

They've hired some good talent (http://www.mlb.com/network/personalities/). Hopefully it doesn't turn into "Yankees and Red Sox Network - All day, All year". Of course, they're a big market so I expect a lot of coverage for them, but I can't handle too much.

I doubt its NY/BOS all the time. That's ESPN's territory. They will likely differentiate themselves from ESPN by spreading the wealth around.

Also, I'm pulling for Spring Training coverage. Plenty of games to fill air time in March. MLB.TV online already shows a good amount of ST, so it makes sense to me.

I got to be reading this wrong. How can they show 26 games on one channel in one day?

Archived