MLB Network

Orioles West

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- They will carry about 26 live games on Thursday night.

- There will be an HD channel. Only Direct TV has confirmed that they will carry it on a specific station.

They've hired some good talent (http://www.mlb.com/network/personalities/). Hopefully it doesn't turn into "Yankees and Red Sox Network - All day, All year". Of course, they're a big market so I expect a lot of coverage for them, but I can't handle too much.

*Looks up Hazel and Trenni*

Yeah...nice, um, talent :rofl:

Seriously though, Comcast just added the channel to our digital lineup in the past couple days (along with CBSCollege, or whatever it's called, and some other channels) on 280.

Don't know if it will stick, but I have my hopes up.

Of course, losing this and Teixeira signing elsewhere might be what pushes me over the edge...:P

Comcast's message board said something about Channel 280. I didn't see anything specific about availability, however.

See...that's the difference between Verizon Fios and Comcast...Verizon will offer it as part of their basic package. Comcast will make it part of a bundle premium package. Verizon continues to add channels while channels mysteriously keep disappearing from Comcast. See the post "Mad Men wins Golden Globe award" AMC availability. It was a shameful money grab by Comcast and I hope they go the way of Chinese mouthwash.

See...that's the difference between Verizon Fios and Comcast...Verizon will offer it as part of their basic package. Comcast will make it part of a bundle premium package. Verizon continues to add channels while channels mysteriously keep disappearing from Comcast. See the post "Mad Men wins Golden Globe award" AMC availability. It was a shameful money grab by Comcast and I hope they go the way of Chinese mouthwash.

Oh, you DON'T want to get me started on that :cussing:

Comcast (at least in Atlanta) has it on channel 128, FWIW. I have turned it on twice. Once was a documentary on the Boston Reverse the Curse season, and once it was a replay of a Yankeography of Derek Jeter. Oh well, maybe there will be game coverage.

For FIOS customers, do you know if they offer packages like MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice? The AT&T version down here for now does not but claims it is trying. Curious if any of the Bells are having any luck breaking through there.

Comcast (at least in Atlanta) has it on channel 128, FWIW. I have turned it on twice. Once was a documentary on the Boston Reverse the Curse season, and once it was a replay of a Yankeography of Derek Jeter. Oh well, maybe there will be game coverage.

For FIOS customers, do you know if they offer packages like MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice? The AT&T version down here for now does not but claims it is trying. Curious if any of the Bells are having any luck breaking through there.

FIOS in NJ has NHL Center Ice. I think I read that we will be getting MLB Extra Innings.

FIOS in DC has MLB TV on channel 86. It's in test mode. It will be on 586 in HD effective January 1st. They will have EI this year as well. The NHL Net channel is already on in HD on channel 587 and they offer Center Ice on channels 1474 thru 1488.

What!! No more Chinese mouthwash????

Huh. I thought part of the agreement to get the Extra Innings package on cable was to include the MLB channel on basic cable. No?

Huh. I thought part of the agreement to get the Extra Innings package on cable was to include the MLB channel on basic cable. No?

You are correct: If the provider wants to offer MLB-EI, then part of the price is making the MLB channel part of the standard package.

That's what a lot of the fuss was about.

ps: The standard package may be different than the cheapest package.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty excited for this, It all will come down to the programming though if they provided good programming then I will watch if it is non stop Sox and Yankee documentaries and news then I will pass.

It will be nice to have a channel to turn to and get pure MLB talk, so hopefully they pull it off well.

I am pretty excited for this, It all will come down to the programming though if they provided good programming then I will watch if it is non stop Sox and Yankee documentaries and news then I will pass.

It will be nice to have a channel to turn to and get pure MLB talk, so hopefully they pull it off well.

Well, the early schedule does have a few classic games from each of those clubs, but I imagine they will branch out pretty quick to be as inclusive as possible.

The O's have plenty of classic games and players worthy of some of the profile shows and top moment shows they have to fill space until spring. Hopefully, they find some of those to sneak into the schedule.

-Don

Archived