MLB Network

Orioles West

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing which bothers me are the interminable software downloads. They take 15-30 minutes and can occur at any time of the day or night, during which reception is blocked. Sometimes, the download fixes a problem I've noticed, but mostly it's just a nuisance or makes cosmetic improvements. Of course, the majority of the downloads seemed to be in the wee hours of the morning when I should have been asleep anyhow, but it's the principle of the thing.

IMO, they have a Keystone Kops software operation.

Their HD-DVR boxes are good, but the software has persistant problems for which there is no good excuse.

The main problem with the upgrades is that often fail to fix known issues and sometimes intro new ones.

Barring bizarro scenarios, the upgrades occur in the wee hours.

A couple months ago, they abruptly did one in the afternoon or evening, depending on where you were.

This was inexcusable. One rumored story was that they had to fix a bad problem before it blew up in the face of many customers.

I have no idea if this is true. I could just as easily imagine that some moron just timed it wrong.

I think they have a good service, good product, good equipment.

I think they have an amateurish software operation and inexcusable customer service.

I think nearly every large US corp that sells ongoing services (rather than tangible goods) has similarly crappy customer service.

I believe this is due to a short-sighted philosophy of scrimping there to please Wall St about a superficial profitability picture.

A better second night. Interesting that Harold didn't think Tex was worth that much for one player, when talking about the Nats and O's bids for him. Time will tell. That aside, the format is coming together a little better.

The news side should pick up pretty quick with so many FA's left out there.

Overall, I am pretty darned happy to have a baseball channel around.

-Don

This channel is what I have been waiting for my whole life. I love my Orioles, but I always say in order to be an Oriole fan, you gotta be a baseball fan, and I love the sport of baseball. This network has been fantastic so far. I have had it on non-stop except for the 4 football games. The network showed the critical games of the 2008 playoffs this weekend. I watched the "rain game" clincher last night for the Phillies. Yes, there has been a lot of Red Sox love on there, but even the Red Sox haters that we are have to admit they were some decent shows. The one about the 2004 series was very well done. I like the old stuff as well as the new stuff, and the Hot Stove show every day at 7pm is great. I have had tears in my eyes watching a lot of this stuff. One show was about Classic moments, and it had a segment on Lou Gehrig and his speech. When they came back from commercial, it was Cal's turn and his speech about "Juts being happy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lou..." Great stuff man! This channel is fantastic. I am sure you guys have heard by now, but when the season begins, they are doing a live show every night for EIGHT hours that will have live cut ins to games and analysis and highlights and discussion. I swear, 3 hours of MASN per night starting in April, but otherwise my TV is NOT being changed off of Channel 213.

This channel is what I have been waiting for my whole life. I love my Orioles, but I always say in order to be an Oriole fan, you gotta be a baseball fan, and I love the sport of baseball. This network has been fantastic so far. I have had it on non-stop except for the 4 football games. The network showed the critical games of the 2008 playoffs this weekend. I watched the "rain game" clincher last night for the Phillies. Yes, there has been a lot of Red Sox love on there, but even the Red Sox haters that we are have to admit they were some decent shows. The one about the 2004 series was very well done. I like the old stuff as well as the new stuff, and the Hot Stove show every day at 7pm is great. I have had tears in my eyes watching a lot of this stuff. One show was about Classic moments, and it had a segment on Lou Gehrig and his speech. When they came back from commercial, it was Cal's turn and his speech about "Juts being happy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lou..." Great stuff man! This channel is fantastic. I am sure you guys have heard by now, but when the season begins, they are doing a live show every night for EIGHT hours that will have live cut ins to games and analysis and highlights and discussion. I swear, 3 hours of MASN per night starting in April, but otherwise my TV is NOT being changed off of Channel 213.

And with that statement, I know you can't be married.:laughlol:

I'm lucky to get the 3 hours of MASN.

Can anyone with Comcast in the Salisbury/Lower Eastern Shore get the MLB network? It is my understanding that it is on channel 280 but I can't get it on either my Digital or HD boxes.

I have Comcast Digital here in Sussex County, and it is on channel 280.

And with that statement, I know you can't be married.:laughlol:

I'm lucky to get the 3 hours of MASN.

Nah, that's the best part...my wife is also a big Orioles fan, and I think I already have her hooked on the MLB station. The other night we went to bed and while waiting for the kids to fall asleep, we took out our books to read. I turned on the MLBN, and never read a single word in my book. I glanced next to me, and I see my wife's book laying on her tummy as she is watching the show too. Man, I DO have quite a good life! :clap3:

I have Comcast Digital here in Sussex County, and it is on channel 280.

I did check and it is listed as being on channel 280 here as well. It isn't listed as being on any add on sports package so I am assuming that it is on the normal digital package. I guess I will have to call Comcast.

It isn't listed as being on any add on sports package so I am assuming that it is on the normal digital package. I guess I will have to call Comcast.

It cannot be part of an add-on sports package.

It is part and parcel of the contract to carry MLB-EI.

Any provider that offers MLB-EI must put the MLB channel in their standard tier.

This is part of why Dish quit carrying MLB-EI: they balked (heh-heh) at the requirement to add it to their standard tier.

It cannot be part of an add-on sports package.

It is part and parcel of the contract to carry MLB-EI.

Any provider that offers MLB-EI must put the MLB channel in their standard tier.

This is part of why Dish quit carrying MLB-EI: they balked (heh-heh) at the requirement to add it to their standard tier.

I knew that I had read that somewhere. The Customer Service rep at Comcast is trying to tell me that I have to upgrade to an add-on package to get the channel. I have been having a back and forth email exchange with them about this including sending the links to the info on the MLB site. I really hate Comcast sometimes.

Nah, that's the best part...my wife is also a big Orioles fan, and I think I already have her hooked on the MLB station. The other night we went to bed and while waiting for the kids to fall asleep, we took out our books to read. I turned on the MLBN, and never read a single word in my book. I glanced next to me, and I see my wife's book laying on her tummy as she is watching the show too. Man, I DO have quite a good life! :clap3:

Yes you do. I can get my wife to go to a few games with me every year, but she never watches a game on TV and only rolls her eyes when I'm watching highlights long after the games are done.

-Don

I knew that I had read that somewhere. The Customer Service rep at Comcast is trying to tell me that I have to upgrade to an add-on package to get the channel. I have been having a back and forth email exchange with them about this including sending the links to the info on the MLB site. I really hate Comcast sometimes.

To update for anyone that cares. The Comcast Customer Service Rep is saying that the channel is only available on the Sports Entertainment Package in my area. I have tried to argue that they are wrong :)

They stated that I could get the package for an additional $5 a month but I declined on principle. Maybe they will gt it straight before the season starts.

Archived