MLB Network

Orioles West

(And is it really the biggest thing you've ever been a part of, Harold? C'mon dude.)

He has to be able to get a little dig on ESPN. Besides, if they really are going to have 8 hours of coverage (from first pitch of the first game of the night, until the last out on the west coast) on MLB Tonight throughout the regular season -- that's pretty darned big.

-Don

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has to be able to get a little dig on ESPN. Besides, if they really are going to have 8 hours of coverage (from first pitch of the first game of the night, until the last out on the west coast) on MLB Tonight throughout the regular season -- that's pretty darned big.

-Don

True, I didn't think of it as a dig at ESPN.

I like this better than the NFL Network, thats for sure.

True, I didn't think of it as a dig at ESPN.

I like this better than the NFL Network, thats for sure.

I like baseball more, which is why I'm happy to see MLBN. However, time will tell if their reporting catches up to the level of NFL Network. Living in Denver, it was interesting to see the NFL Network to have better, faster info than the locals and ESPN about the Shanahan firing.

On the flip side, I've seen ESPN scoop MLBN on several transactions already this month.

So far, so good. I imagine they will get better as things progress. My nitpick aside, I really like the start out of the gate. The Rock Raines interview tonight on Hot Stove was excellent.

-Don

I like baseball more, which is why I'm happy to see MLBN. However, time will tell if their reporting catches up to the level of NFL Network. Living in Denver, it was interesting to see the NFL Network to have better, faster info than the locals and ESPN about the Shanahan firing.

On the flip side, I've seen ESPN scoop MLBN on several transactions already this month.

So far, so good. I imagine they will get better as things progress. My nitpick aside, I really like the start out of the gate. The Rock Raines interview tonight on Hot Stove was excellent.

-Don

I think the reason for this is that the MLB Hot Stove Show that airs at 7pm is NOT a live show. Therefore, they have to go with what they have from earlier in the day. I would imagine as we get closer to the start of the season, and throughout Spring Training, we should have more live shows and thus more up to date updates. (up to date updates? Good one Dip :rolleyes:).

Millar was good as the analyst. If no team picks him up, he will quickly get himself a job doing this full time. He is very natural and has a lot of charisma.

I think the reason for this is that the MLB Hot Stove Show that airs at 7pm is NOT a live show. Therefore, they have to go with what they have from earlier in the day. I would imagine as we get closer to the start of the season, and throughout Spring Training, we should have more live shows and thus more up to date updates. (up to date updates? Good one Dip :rolleyes:).

Millar was good as the analyst. If no team picks him up, he will quickly get himself a job doing this full time. He is very natural and has a lot of charisma.

Millar did do a good job. Better than some of the full timers they have on staff currently.

It does seem like substantive portions of Hot Stove are on tape, i.e., the Studio 42 interviews and demos. The Tim Lincecum demo was my favorite so far. Strange they didn't evoke Jim Palmer's similar high leg kick and follow-through among the comparisons.

That aside, some of the panel bits and 'update' desk seem live or pretty close as they did have some better, more timely info toward the end of the week.

Last weekend, they had a couple Hot Stove specials, nothing this weekend, which is too bad.

-Don

Its getting a bit repetitive. How often do I need to see Lincecum on there?

I think they'll repeat the Friday show about 20 more times between now and Monday evening's show.

So, you'll really get to know the kid, unless you sneak away for a little NFL, NBA or college hoops today.

-Don

I think they'll repeat the Friday show about 20 more times between now and Monday evening's show.

So, you'll really get to know the kid, unless you sneak away for a little NFL, NBA or college hoops today.

-Don

I heard his dad was his big influence and that when he went to motion capture for the video game, he felt like a black Christmas tree while wearing that funny outfit.

That joke was so funny, it got a Harold Reynolds hand clap.

I heard his dad was his big influence and that when he went to motion capture for the video game, he felt like a black Christmas tree while wearing that funny outfit.

That joke was so funny, it got a Harold Reynolds hand clap.

That's the new MLBN drinking game, the Harold Hand Clap. He tends to throw those out there fairly generously, especially in Studio 42....

-Don

I tried getting channel info from Comcast today. Didn't work out too well.

:rofl::rofl::clap3: and :laughlol:

for saying, "

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

You will. You're required to carry it per the agreement you reached with MLB two years ago.

Priceless. :rofl:

To update for anyone that cares. The Comcast Customer Service Rep is saying that the channel is only available on the Sports Entertainment Package in my area. I have tried to argue that they are wrong :)

They stated that I could get the package for an additional $5 a month but I declined on principle. Maybe they will gt it straight before the season starts.

Ok what's going on. I got the MLB Network on Comcast Digital Cable channel 280 from December until 2 days ago. I even have the Sports Entertainment Package and now all of a sudden it says Not Authorized.

Ok what's going on. I got the MLB Network on Comcast Digital Cable channel 280 from December until 2 days ago. I even have the Sports Entertainment Package and now all of a sudden it says Not Authorized.

I noticed that I suddenly had it today. I hadn't checked it since the middle of last week so I don't know when it showed up. I guess that I won't get used to it being there, it may be gone again tomorrow.

Prime 9 is a good show, basically a countdown show of the best 9 ever at whatever. For example, they had they best 9 seasons by a pitcher, and I was shocked that they showed some modern thinking by going with Pedro's 2000 season as the best ever. Even mentioned he had the best ERA+.

:rofl::rofl::clap3: and :laughlol:

for saying, "

Shane_(Tue Dec 16 2008 11:08:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time))>

You will. You're required to carry it per the agreement you reached with MLB two years ago.

Priceless. :rofl:

Haha. Thanks.

I've been watching the channel a lot and I'm impressed so far. Prime 9 is an interesting show. I like the recaps from older games (1950s). I haven't watched Hot Stove too much. I just think it's a little late for Hot Stove. Most of the big questions have been answered. The Home Run Derby replay was interesting. Never really thought that they would air that.

Archived