The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

at 245:pm espn is saying baltimore is out of the running with the lowest bid...

John Henry: "I am richer than you are"

Peter "G" Angelos: "No, I am richer"

JH: No, I am clearly richer than you are.

PGA: I beg to differ, I am most definitely richer than you are.

JH: au contraire Peter, I am in fact much richer than you.

PGA: Bah humbug Mr. Henry, I am by rights so much richer than you.

and on and on.......

like little kids I imagine....put an end to this already Mark.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was worried about showing my age, but I guess you are showing yours too! :D

I kinda infer that you are at least in your 30's being that your avatar is the fat guy from the Office! :) Funny!

(I actually sat behind him at a Dodgers game last year and was amazed to hear that he doesn't actually talk in real life the way he does on the show) :)

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=mlb&id=bos&tid=4005317&lid=10

Not sure if this has been posted, but this guy is claiming to be pretty sure of himself that Mark Teixeira will be an Oriole on a 9yr deal...

BTW, it hasn't been reported that Baltimore was out the Teixeira sweeps, just that they had lowest offer to date & it was being dwarfed by offers from other clubs...Go O's!!!

Not sure if this has been posted' date=' but this guy is claiming to be pretty sure of himself that Mark Teixeira will be an Oriole on a 9yr deal...

BTW, it hasn't been reported that Baltimore was out the Teixeira sweeps, just that they had lowest offer to date & it was being dwarfed by offers from other clubs...Go O's!!![/quote']

Already been discussed in this thread.

Not sure if this has been posted' date=' but this guy is claiming to be pretty sure of himself that Mark Teixeira will be an Oriole on a 9yr deal...

BTW, it hasn't been reported that Baltimore was out the Teixeira sweeps, just that they had lowest offer to date & it was being dwarfed by offers from other clubs...Go O's!!![/quote']Yeah its been talked about.

The contract this guy mentions seems like a reasonable winning-bid, but that's about the closest thing this guy has to any credibility. Believe at your own risk.

If we screw up the Tex deal and then trade B-Rob, another fan favorite, there will be an even bigger dip in attendance than if we just lose out on Tex... :angryfire:

As frustrating as it might sound, fan favorites don't necessarily equal pennants. If the Teixeira thing falls through, I think it's vital for the Orioles to trade their peaked assets now, and Roberts (along with Huff and Sherrill) fall into that category.

I kinda infer that you are at least in your 30's being that your avatar is the fat guy from the Office! :) Funny!

(I actually sat behind him at a Dodgers game last year and was amazed to hear that he doesn't actually talk in real life the way he does on the show) :)

My favorite show and I was inspired the AVs of Peace and DwightShrute, so I made the change a few days ago. That is awesome that you sat behind him at a game, I never run into anyone recognizable. You should start a thread about people who ran into celebs at ballparks. Clear our minds for a bit.

And late 20s so close enough. :)

If we screw up the Tex deal and then trade B-Rob, another fan favorite, there will be an even bigger dip in attendance than if we just lose out on Tex... :angryfire:

I agree, I've said all along that the average fan won't like traded Roberts.

Tex/Roberts/Markakis could really sell some tickets.

Roberts/Markakis will at least keep us close to where we were last year.

at 245:pm espn is saying baltimore is out of the running with the lowest bid...

Seriously? Did you really just sign up and make your first post WITHOUT reading any of the prior thousands? If you had, you'd realize this info has been talked about, restated, and repeated over and over again today.

I apologize for the rant, I wouldn't call patience a virtue I hold very well at all times- but this is becoming a pet peeve of mine. It's takes forever for me to catch up with what is going on when I dare stray and work for an hour or so- so to have to read the same garbage form someone who obviously HASN'T taken any time to look over prior posts- if therefore WASTING my time.

Okay I'm done.

Archived