The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

I'm not going to wish injury on anyone, but you can't help seeing the risks involved in both of the Yankees' signings. Sabathia weighs 290 lbs.! That's huge and carries with it the makings of a Ponsonesqe fall from grace - at least the physical aspects of it (I have no reason to suspect CC has Sidney's lack of social graces, to put it politely). And, Burnett has missed substantial playing time to previous injuries. I am especially glad that the O's got out of the AJ sweepstakes.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's very likely that it would have if the MFY's didn't get involved. I guess we'll never know.

BTW, don't take the wrong way what I said earlier. I just get annoyed when I see people bashing Angelos for things away from the Orioles.

No worries...

Not wishing anything bad on CC, but it will serve the Yanks right if they bought damaged goods for a record price.

I dont have a problem with the marlins (I was rooting for them in 2003 and 1997.), but it just seems like they are a perrenial (sp?) 4th place team that I'm sure surprised A LOT of people in 03.

It seems like a lot of people think that but they have the resources to be a good team. I mean they barely missed the playoffs last year. Their FO sometimes knows what they are doing. I mean hey look at this way at least they are consistent with their WS championships. But yes they do surprise a lot of people when they do make the playoffs because they don't spend that much.

I'm not going to wish injury on anyone, but you can't help seeing the risks involved in both of the Yankees' signings. Sabathia weighs 290 lbs.! That's huge and carries with it the makings of a Ponsonesqe fall from grace - at least the physical aspects of it (I have no reason to suspect CC has Sidney's lack of social graces, to put it politely). And, Burnett has missed substantial playing time to previous injuries. I am especially glad that the O's got out of the AJ sweepstakes.

I was VERY surprised to see the MFY's give AJ a 5 year $80M contract.... the man has had more than 12 wins ONCE in his career, and he seems to be an injury risk every time he steps onto the mound (next Carl Pavano maybe?). I agree with you about the O's getting out, I was very very happy they dropped out.

Gammons just on SVP show on ESPNradio didn't mention the Orioles for Tex. Said he thought it would wrap up in next 24 hours and none of the teams know what is going on, giving credit to Boras. SVP said he felt that Tex would be better off going to a place where he wouldn't need to be the guy, citing Bmore and Washington as places where pressure would be placed on him.

I am not complaining or whining about the coverage. Just paraphrasing what I heard.

I was VERY surprised to see the MFY's give AJ a 5 year $80M contract.... the man has had more than 12 wins ONCE in his career, and he seems to be an injury risk every time he steps onto the mound (new Pavano maybe?). I agree with you about the O's getting out, I was very very happy they dropped out.

Gammons just on SVP show on ESPNradio didn't mention the Orioles for Tex. Said he thought it would wrap up in next 24 hours and none of the teams know what is going on, giving credit to Boras. SVP said he felt that Tex would be better off going to a place where he wouldn't need to be the guy, citing Bmore and Washington as places where pressure would be placed on him.

I am not complaining or whining about the coverage. Just paraphrasing what I heard.

Pressure because of being "the guy"? Wasn't he "the guy" in Texas? I think he can handle pressure fine.

Roch will be (co-hosting) on Playmakers on MASN today at 3. I am really interested to see how he handles all the rumors. It is much easier to contain excitement on a blog than it is on the radio.

But as we have mentioned before, he is most likely, and based on his blogs, he is just as much in the dark as anyone not named AM, Boras, Tex, Theo, Bowden...etc.

Just a heads up to you guys who may interested in catching it....

On an aside, does anyone know when the Hot Stove show will begin airing again on MASN???

Gotta love Gammons' logic...saying he wants to go to a place where he's not the star and less pressure. Anywhere he goes, he's the highest paid player on that team and will have the biggest expectations of any player on that team. At least in Baltimore we don't expect him to win the WS next year.

Well you missed the part where he said "Angelos has backed out of the race"

Archived