KC Series

SteveA

7 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

They canceled more than two hours before game time.  Talk about complaining just to complain.

But the people that work at the stadium had to drive all the way down to the stadium or take mass transit for two days in a row and then told to go home  Hope they are compensated. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Reds are actually doing a day/ night doubleheader today.Drew around 9,000 for the first game. I guess because the night game is Star Wars Jedi Joey Votto  but they are 4-22 and had to get two  separate admissions?  At 4-22 should give them something. 

Funny folks are saying the Reds are tanking.  They still have a payroll over 100M.  They are just bad.  I expect the selloff to start once they start getting a bit healthier.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Lyles/Zimm in the doubleheader Sunday, Wells Monday.

We will now need a 6th starter Thursday in St Louis.

Grayson pitched today.  It will be his turn around on Thursday when we need another starter.  I am not sure they want to have his debut on the road though.  

15 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Reds are actually doing a day/ night doubleheader today.Drew around 9,000 for the first game. I guess because the night game is Star Wars Jedi Joey Votto  but they are 4-22 and had to get two  separate admissions?  At 4-22 should give them something. 

Yeah, I'm not surprised that the Red Sox do split doubleheaders (like when we're there on May 28) but the Reds doing that is pretty strange.

Bullpen plan tomorrow will be interesting. Lopez threw 25 pitches in 1+ today, Perez 19, Akin 15 (in 2 IP!), Tate 10. Baker, Bautista, and Krehbiel did not pitch today. If there is a save opportunity I could see Hyde going back to Tate or perhaps giving Bautista a shot.  

Seems like good chance of Logan Allen debut tomorrow.    Slow it down once in the middle between Wells and Baker/Bautista.

Tomorrow looks like it was the last scheduled offday until May 26 so a month in the resilience will get a good test.   

Yankees have 7 of the last 10 of the now 18 games in 17 days beginning with today's doubleheader.  TBD if Grayson will carry any of the ~162 innings.

I still don't think fourth time through the order Jordan Lyles should have been his own 8th inning guy this afternoon.