Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PA and AM are too smart to let their numbers get out. If the numbers got out, they would revoke the offer instantly. That's how they work, I think. If it takes 8/200 to do it... If they were willing to match that or beat it, they wouldn't let anyone know about it... except Tex and his representation.

There seems to be lot riding on this - B-Rob extension, Markakis contract talks, credibility with your fan base, the mentoring of a young Matt Wieters by a fellow Tech alum, the reputation of the franchise... Tex comes here and other FA's are willing to consider the Orioles as a destination...

Pay them the most and free agents will come here. Teixeira is from here, he idolized the Orioles and if the Nationals offer a boat load of cash he will be a National.

What makes you think Angels have a 8/200+ offer on the table?

I dont think they do, the Angels are one of the models of fiscal responsibility. It wouldn't be in their nature to offer that much money for that many years. At the most, the Angels would probably go would be 8/160 (Just my opinion).

This is just more of the Red Sox being unfair to baseball.

Wah...wah...wah...

I think a lot of posters really, really wish they could have the last half of Teixeria Watch V back.

I almost want to see a report that says Tex is traveling to Anaheim just so we can see even more crazy, inane comments.

I dont think they do, the Angels are one of the models of fiscal responsibility. It wouldn't be in their nature to offer that much money for that many years. At the most, the Angels would probably go would be 8/160 (Just my opinion).

The Angels offer was at least 7/170. I think Teixeira gets at least 9/195 Million and may get 10/220 Million. It is going to be a lot of money. The only way it is less is if Teixeira wants to be an Oriole.

Maybe, but maybe not... we dont know the exact parameters of the offer to Tex right now, for all we know we could be one of the 10/200+ teams.

Sure we could. I am much more comfortable guessing the numbers as I can assume the Red Sox made a 8/184 offer and were denied. At some point I want the Orioles to bow out of this bidding. I do not want us going any higher than 9/185

Archived