Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I thought quite a lot last evening about John Henry's odd email. When I first read that he had emailed some of the Boston media to announce they would not be a factor in Teixeira derby, it seemed that they were closing the door.

Then, once I learned he had, in fact, emailed the NATIONAL media, I began to wonder what was up. Also, and this is probably just wishful thinking, I re-read the words. He never said they were out...only that the Sox would likely not be a factor.

Hmmm...

My take is this. If the problem were simply the contract $$$$ the Sox have the means to outbid anyone and would if that's what it came down to. Contract length? They would just up the per year number.

I'm guessing this is about an opt-out clause. The Red Sox will not agree to that and if Boras was insisting on it, they might very well want to make a public declaration to let him know that it is a deal breaker.

Then again, I could be 100% off base. I know one thing, this whole process is eating away at my brain :laughlol:

Question for you soxfan....could Henry be attempting to call a bluff here? Could Boras have hinted to him that he has offer(s) for {Red Sox Offer} + a few million, and Henry got tired of playing that game and decided to call the bluff as loudly and publically as possible, thinking that Tex really wants to go to a winner in Boston and that the supposed other offers are just Boras' last attempt to squeeze a few more bucks out of him? Maybe Henry thinks those other offers aren't really there or even if they are, that Tex wants to play for a winning organization and will cave to this final ploy?

[if this was brought up overnight, I apologize. Do not have time to read the entire thread before heading to work].

As stated from my post the other night, No. If I am posting strictly what is being told then obviously, Yes. I still need to be guarded due to past lessons learned. However, last night when I was told about the Sox, the answer I received which I posted was....Curious, but not concerned yet. He went on about things which I am not willing to share but the confidence level on his side never changed.

So...uh....like...uhh...you think he's gonna...uhhh... sign?

butthead.gif

Just out of curiosity, did you get your name (i.e., G.O.A.T.) from Fallout 3?

Sorry to threadjack! :D

I'm not sure what Fallout 3 is. It stands for Greatest Of All Time. (Ali) Not the biggest boxing fan, but I thought that G.O.A.T. was a pretty cool name and fitted me perfectly. :D

And for those who don't know, I'm not making fun of praying by saying "baby Jesus", it's from the movie Talledaga Nights.

Archived