Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I guess this is the reason he posted that blog:

Roch,

Not for a Christmas present, but do you know if they sell the new Orioles player t shirts with the new Baltimore on the front? If Tex signs I'll buy my self one of his.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, I don't. I should have peeked inside the Orioles Store when I stopped by the warehouse today. - Roch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which means that he isn't signing until after the New Year IMO...

Jason Varitek's press conference announcing his extension in '04 was on Xmas Eve. So I think there's still another day or two here. And news could leak out as late as Wednesday, IMO, and they could just delay the press conference. However, I do think that if there's nothing at all by Xmas day it could be a bit of a wait. Baseball does not go quiet for much but I think the week between Xmas and New Year's is when things do shut down.

Read the whole thing. Can I even paste the whole blog onto this post?

Looks like Roch's way of saying that nothing has changed. The more I read Roch say that the Red Sox remain the favorites, the less optimistic I am. I can understand the national media dismissing us but, Roch sounds like he is almost as dismissive as they are. The only difference is that he HAS to mention the Orioles. Like so many others here...I hope I am wrong.

Um, why the picture? :confused: :scratchchinhmm:
It's mostly the byline.

Is Mark Teixeira bluffing when he tells the Red Sox he has better offers on the table? Time will tell. But either way, don't be surprised if the free-agent first baseman cashes in with Boston

Looks like Roch's way of saying that nothing has changed. The more I read Roch say that the Red Sox remain the favorites' date=' the less optimistic I am. I can understand the national media dismissing us but, Roch sounds like he is almost as dismissive as they are. The only difference is that he [i']HAS[/i] to mention the Orioles. Like so many others here...I hope I am wrong.

No one at the Warehouse is talking, leaving Roch with nothing. Poor guy. I like the response he gave to "dan the man" in the comments section of that blog. Poor guy.

Roch has been very pessimistic about the O's landing Tex since day one.

It's mostly the byline.

Is Mark Teixeira bluffing when he tells the Red Sox he has better offers on the table? Time will tell. But either way, don't be surprised if the free-agent first baseman cashes in with Boston

Olney's been just about cheering for Boston to get Tex while Rosenthal has been cheering for the Yanks to get Tex.

No other teams exist in baseball, or apparently in the Teixeira race... :rolleyestf:

The Orioles made a seven-year, $140 million offer -- not $150 million, as widely reported, but $140 million -- and have not upgraded that offer. Unless Teixeira puts himself on a platter for the O's and gives them a major hometown discount, it's unlikely he will sign with them.

They couldn't possibly raise their offer could they like MacPhail has publicly said they are willing to do? That would be unthinkable! :rolleyestf:

The Sun isn't missing Buster Olney with that kind of in depth journalism...

Olney's been just about cheering for Boston to get Tex while Rosenthal has been cheering for the Yanks to get Tex.

No other teams exist in baseball, or apparently in the Teixeira race... :rolleyestf:

Does any ESPN person want the Orioles to get Tex?

You know, the longer Tex drags this thing out I start to wonder about his credibility with the public... He wanted it done before Christmas but it look slike it go well go longer and its all about money... What about his good-guy reputation? Do you think it will suffer at all if this drags out into Jan and beyond?

I realize SB doesn't worry about these things since all of MLB thinks he's the devil... except money-hungry players.

Here's a comment that Roch answered to his latest blog:

Eric said:

Roch,

Is this referring to the rumor that was started on the Sun board? Looks like we won't hear anything about a signing until after the new year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we'll have to wait that long, but Christmas is starting to look optimistic. I doubt any team would announce his signing, or schedule a physical, over the holiday. If not tomorrow, I wonder if this will extend at least into the weekend. - Roch

Damn...

Dan the Man just got grilled by Roch.

RULE NUMBER 28 - DON'T MESS WITH THE ROCH!

Eh, I hate being that guy... but I kinda agree with Dan the Man. I don't think Roch's post was all that exciting. I wouldn't have the gall to call Roch out on it though; Roch does a great job doing what he does.

Does any ESPN person want the Orioles to get Tex?

Where's the story in that? :rolleyes:

As much as I despise ESPN (and I despise them a lot), there is little definitive news coming out about who's offered what. So, they're just running with what history has shown. And history shows that it's typically either the Sox or Yankees who land the prized free agents. So, I think it's a case of that as opposed to flat-out bias for the Yankees and Sox.

But, don't think for a minute that they don't want the Yankees to get Manny, and Teixeira to end up in Boston. That is a dream scenario for them.

Archived