Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. That clears things up for me. I just always assumed that agents would have a clause of some sort to be present if said player wanted to talk to particular teams.

It's just like you retaining an attorney for a potential case against someone, but then work things out on your own.

An agent is just there to help you with the negotiation, legalese and paperwork, as well as advice. All decisions are made by the client.

I thought I read somewhere in the past few days that Teixeira wanted to personally meet with each team's owner and GM before signing to make sure they were absolutely committed to winning. Did he meet any other owners, face-to-face, other than John Henry?

He likely met with AM and PA when all that Baltimore Ravens talk went down. He played for the Angels, so no need to meet with their people. There is something I wanted to bring up.

The Orioles should offer 9/190 with a NTC, w/o an opt out and require that someone else beat the offer. Boras is going to call around once the top offer comes in and request that teams beat it. I would imagine that every team will get that opportunity. I do not uderstand the whole years/dollars argument. If you were willing to give Mark 8/180 then why no go an extra year at $10 Million?

He likely met with AM and PA when all that Baltimore Ravens talk went down. He played for the Angels, so no need to meet with their people. There is something I wanted to bring up.

The Orioles should offer 9/190 with a NTC, w/o an opt out and require that someone else beat the offer. Boras is going to call around once the top offer comes in and request that teams beat it. I would imagine that every team will get that opportunity. I do not uderstand the whole years/dollars argument. If you were willing to give Mark 8/180 then why no go an extra year at $10 Million?

I really, really hate the opt out idea. All that means is we're renting him while we're bad (now) and will most likely lose him when we're good (2-3 years). At best, it means we're overpaying now and overpaying later to retain him when the market continues climbing upwards and $20 mil a year is considered nominal.

.316 lifetime hitter. First ballot HOFer. Show some respect. (I hate the Yankees)

Great player, Cooperstown-bound. But still overrated in a massive, preposterous way.

Jeter winning Gold Glove awards is just as outrageous as giving a Gold Glove to Kevin Millar.

Just heard on espn980 from Kevin Sheehan that Tex has said he has not ruled out the Angels offer, dont know why he would come out and say that other than trying to get the other teams more desperate.

That's great Tex, but the Angels PULLED their offer off the table. Hard to accept something that doesn't exist.

Roch eluded to something in his blog about the longer this goes on, the more friends Tex is losing. He is on to something. I want Tex in Baltimore more than anything, but the longer he drags this out, the more he is pissing me off, and probably the front offices of all these teams as well. I am hoping from a Baltimore perspective that the Angels and Sox did indeed pull out and tell Boras to take a hike. Make Tex decide between two losing teams like us and Washington. That would be great!

I really, really hate the opt out idea. All that means is we're renting him while we're bad (now) and will most likely lose him when we're good (2-3 years). At best, it means we're overpaying now and overpaying later to retain him when the market continues climbing upwards and $20 mil a year is considered nominal.

That is why I mention w/o "with out" the opt out clause. If I was the top bidder then I wouldn't grant an opt out clause. Granting a NTC while approving an opt out clause would be poor judgement. We should at least be able to get something back for the guy at the deadline.

He met with Arte Moreno of the Angels in Vegas during the Winter Meetings. He also met with the Nats GM (not sure if Lerner was there) in DC when he also met with AM and Angelos as well as Theo Epstein, so he basically has met with all teams/owners who are truly interested in signing him.

He met with Arte Moreno of the Angels in Vegas during the Winter Meetings. He also met with the Nats GM (not sure if Lerner was there) in DC when he also met with AM and Angelos as well as Theo Epstein, so he basically has met with all teams/owners who are truly interested in signing him.

I figured that it really wasn't a factor. If the Orioles called and offered him a 9/195 deal, he would be announced as an Oriole tomorrow.

That's great Tex, but the Angels PULLED their offer off the table. Hard to accept something that doesn't exist.

Roch eluded to something in his blog about the longer this goes on, the more friends Tex is losing. He is on to something. I want Tex in Baltimore more than anything, but the longer he drags this out, the more he is pissing me off, and probably the front offices of all these teams as well. I am hoping from a Baltimore perspective that the Angels and Sox did indeed pull out and tell Boras to take a hike. Make Tex decide between two losing teams like us and Washington. That would be great!

I agree. But if we do happen to nab Tex, and lock up BRob and Nick and nab some starting pitching before February, it'll all make sense. I'm starting to feel like we're the Trix Rabbit and Tex is a bowl of cerial.

Archived