Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

From what I just read on MLBTradeRumors...

1. The Yankees don't seem to really be in it that much.

2. The Red Sox are out of it.

3. The Nationals "abslutely do not expect to sign Tex."

So doesn't that just leave the Orioles?

MLB TradeRumors is nothing more than a clearinghouse of information. They don't independently report anything.

I don't see a claim that the Red Sox are out of it...can you quote it? I may have missed it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angels - backup plan to increase other offers.

Also, they are already making contingency plans if they miss out.

Yeah, the Angels have already stated they're looking for other players as in Plan B, C, and D. They already resigned Rivera. So this, to me, shows that they're continuing their off-season plans.

From what I just read on MLBTradeRumors...

1. The Yankees don't seem to really be in it that much.

2. The Red Sox are out of it.

3. The Nationals "abslutely do not expect to sign Tex."

So doesn't that just leave the Orioles?

Geez, if it were only that easy.:D

Are the Orioles just waiting until the highest bid is in to beat it so that they don't bid against themselves?

I definitely think that's the case. That, and Boras is waiting as long as possible, hoping the Red Sox or Yankees increase their offer. I think all the interested teams know this, and that's why everything is taking so long.

I don't think any teams want to go beyond $22 a year or so, and no one wants to bid against themselves.

I haven't been able to post in a long time regarding Teixeira. But here are my thoughts and comments about this whole ordeal. They might have been already said, but I feel like I need to decalre my opinion:

After all of the comments from the national media, the local media, and the insiders, I have come to the conclusion that someone is not getting the right information. It seems like the media has absolutely no clue what is going with regarding Boras' negotiation process. Heck, maybe no one knows what is going on.

That said, I am still believing that the O's will find a way to sign Teixeira. Angelos wants him, plain and simple. Many signs point to him wanting to become an Oriole. First off, he has said it would a be dream come true to play here. If him telling the Orioles that they will get the final try at giving him a contract, how can you not think he wants to sign here?

I am also a firm believer in the "you will be the face of the franchise" justification for signing Teixeira. The O's haven't had a "hometown hero" since Ripken, and I believe he would fill these shoes. Now granted, they are pretty big shoes to fill, but if he becomes an Oriole, this is how fans will view him.

I really don't know where Teixeira will sign. I don't want to get my hopes up and then him sign elsewhere. I am trying to keep an open mind. I think everyone should try this. I also am trying to ignore the negative vibe that Olney, Gammons, and Co. have been preaching for the last couple days. All I can hope for is for this ordeal to be finished soon, because I want everyone to stop worrying about it. Hopefully we will be relieved and happy when the process is completed.

I haven't been able to post in a long time regarding Teixeira. But here are my thoughts and comments about this whole ordeal. They might have been already said, but I feel like I need to decalre my opinion:

After all of the comments from the national media, the local media, and the insiders, I have come to the conclusion that someone is not getting the right information. It seems like the media has absolutely no clue what is going with regarding Boras' negotiation process. Heck, maybe no one knows what is going on.

That said, I am still believing that the O's will find a way to sign Teixeira. Angelos wants him, plain and simple. Many signs point to him wanting to become an Oriole. First off, he has said it would a be dream come true to play here. If him telling the Orioles that they will get the final try at giving him a contract, how can you not think he wants to sign here?

I am also a firm believer in the "you will be the face of the franchise" justification for signing Teixeira. The O's haven't had a "hometown hero" since Ripken, and I believe he would fill these shoes. Now granted, they are pretty big shoes to fill, but if he becomes an Oriole, this is how fans will view him.

I really don't know where Teixeira will sign. I don't want to get my hopes up and then him sign elsewhere. I am trying to keep an open mind. I think everyone should try this. I also am trying to ignore the negative vibe that Olney, Gammons, and Co. have been preaching for the last couple days. All I can hope for is for this ordeal to be finished soon, because I want everyone to stop worrying about it. Hopefully we will be relieved and happy when the process is completed.

Welcome back! I had to wait a long time to post also after I bought the membership.

Archived