Roster move- Chris Vallimont added to AA

eddie83

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah….  they see something. It’s not the numbers. High K rate. Must have a heck of an arm.  Project. 

Here's a scouting report on Vallimont. 

https://www.prospectslive.com/scoutingreports/chris-vallimont

Fastball: Vallimont experienced a nice velocity uptick from high school to college, going from mid-80's to 92-95 MPH at Mercyhurst. Nowadays, the velocity can get a tad inconsistent, usually sitting in the lower-90's and touching upwards of 96 MPH at times when he reaches back. Pitch has plenty of late movement, with good rise and run. His command of the pitch has gotten better as he's progressed through the minor leagues, though refinement is still necessary. If he can get back into the mid-90's consistently, this offering will see an upgrade, but for now, it's more of an average offering. Grade: 50

6 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

A 7-8 era in AA and we choose him to claim? Couldn’t have gotten better? Likely to fill Velez is throwing batting practice (part of Marlins trade). For a guy with a scouting background…don’t see much from his trades/projects. 

If Vallimont turns out to be a find, I'll adovocate for Elias to be GM for life.  

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

LOL You will fit right in on this board then. I saw someone the other day had no idea he wasn’t a GM before.  

I like the job Elias has done for the most part, but Vallimont is a project who probably won't make it. But if he does you have to tip your cap to Elias on this waiver claim. 

• Upvote 1