5/26: Aberdeen Does What The Others Couldn't

cboemmeljr

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

With Nevin and Bannon, there's not a lot of time at 3B in Norfolk.

I still kinda think Gutierrez is the best combination of offense and defense that we have at 3B this year. He didn't get a chance to do anything at the beginning of the season, and he's predictably doing very well at AAA. 

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

With Nevin and Bannon, there's not a lot of time at 3B in Norfolk.

Agreed.  

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

I still kinda think Gutierrez is the best combination of offense and defense that we have at 3B this year. He didn't get a chance to do anything at the beginning of the season, and he's predictably doing very well at AAA. 

But what @interlopersaid is why I found it interesting.  

Serious question:  At what point do org guys like Dorrian (26 w/ .504 OPS), Grenier (25 w/ .641 OPS), Bannon (26 w/ .695 OPS) lose semi-regular ABs?  Do you think that happens when Gunnar is promoted?  

Grenier is the SS "back-up".  As you said, Bannon, Nevin, and Gutierez are currently splitting 3B (and other positions).  I can't imagine any of them would prevent Gunnar from getting his reps at SS or 3B.  

Just now, btdart20 said:

Agreed.  

But what @interlopersaid is why I found it interesting.  

Serious question:  At what point do org guys like Dorrian (26 w/ .504 OPS), Grenier (25 w/ .641 OPS), Bannon (26 w/ .695 OPS) lose semi-regular ABs?  Do you think that happens when Gunnar is promoted?  

Grenier is the SS "back-up".  As you said, Bannon, Nevin, and Gutierez are currently splitting 3B (and other positions).  I can't imagine any of them would prevent Gunnar from getting his reps at SS or 3B.  

No one is going to stop Gunnar for getting PAs in AAA. Right now, it's an organizational decision to keep him in AA because of his development plan, not because any of the org/AAAA guys you mentioned.