Lowther recalled, Sedlock optioned

MurphDogg

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

So if Baker gives us 2 innings, who exactly do you think will go the other 7?

I'm saying Akin is not available after 46 pitches Saturday.   He has gone on two days rest 3 times but that was after 31, 25, and 25 pitches.

Diplan threw 38 pitches Sunday, I say not available.

Tate/Krehbiel/Gillaspie -- each went last night, so probably available for 1 inning max on the 2nd day in a row.

Lopez/Bautista/Perez -- high leverage guys, will be used in the late innings if we actually are in the game despite it being a bullpen game.  We won't see any before the 7th in any case.   And if we aren't at least within shouting distance I don't think we see them at all.

So that's pretty much it.   Given the current composition and rest status of the bullpen, I think the plan IS to use Lowther for some bulk innings after Baker.   I'm not saying that SHOULD be the plan, but I don't see a way around it.  

BIngo!

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Also tells me Elias still doesn’t see winning as important. 

I get what you are saying, but I'm just not sold on that narrative. I think Elias is the unfortunate dartboard of the expectations of this board.  It's not that he doesn't see winning as important. It's that he believes the organization is still not strong enough to be a consistent contender, and doesn't want to waste money until it's clear that we are. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I get what you are saying, but I'm just not sold on that narrative. I think Elias is the unfortunate dartboard of the expectations of this board.  It's not that he doesn't see winning as important. It's that he believes the organization is still not strong enough to be a consistent contender, and doesn't want to waste money until it's clear that we are. 

Also Elias doesn't want to waste control of players.  He's talked about having a group of prospects arriving in the majors about the same time.  I think he's basically tipped his hand that he's been delaying Adley's ML premiere and now GrayRod's. 

10 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Also tells me Elias still doesn’t see winning as important. 

I don’t agree with this.  Baseball is a game of series.  Not individual games.  Pitching staff got a much needed night off and remember we have 5 more straight games.  It’s not like we scored any runs. Kirby is a pretty good young arm.  

To be fair - the Orioles are playing to be competitive this year…compete next year. 

• Upvote 1