Dean Kremer 2022

Spy Fox

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/predictability-of-pitcher-on-base-babip/

Rounding slightly for effect but a .150 BABIP with men on base and a .400 BABIP with bases empty probably won't sustain.

Unless he's genuinely a clutch pitcher, or pitching in a pinch is still a thing.

Its nice to have cluster luck on your side.    A 4.00 ERA pitcher still would be plenty attractive.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

Is Machado finally paying dividends for Baltimore?

If Diaz heats up in Norfolk and blazes his way onto the team. Had a good April and May, then was injured, but has made it back into the line-up. 

35 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I do wonder what other teams offered for Machado that we look back now and say we’re better?

I do believe there was a rumored Tim Anderson/Lucas Giolito deal out there.  Giolito's stock was down and Anderson hadn't emerged yet.

11 hours ago, LA2 said:

If Diaz heats up in Norfolk and blazes his way onto the team. Had a good April and May, then was injured, but has made it back into the line-up. 

My expectations of Yusniel Diaz are exactly zero.   His injuries seem to be too frequent to think he'll provide anything. 

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

My expectations of Yusniel Diaz are exactly zero.   His injuries seem to be too frequent to think he'll provide anything. 

I understand--but a good two-three seasons from Diaz would certainly make me less resentful about how we dumped all that premium talent.

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

I thought Kremer was excellent today for the most part.   I swear that over 1/3 of his pitch count came against Ohtani and Trout.   Will confirm tomorrow when BB-ref posts the box score that shows pitch details.  

34 of 95 pitches were to Ohtani and Trout.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I do believe there was a rumored Tim Anderson/Lucas Giolito deal out there.  Giolito's stock was down and Anderson hadn't emerged yet.

For a 3 month rental in July of 2018???

I seriously doubt that.

I have no doubt we could have gotten more for Manny if we had traded him with a full season left.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

For a 3 month rental in July of 2018???

I seriously doubt that.

I have no doubt we could have gotten more for Manny if we had traded him with a full season left.

December 2017.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/aggressive-white-sox-among-reported-lead-teams-manny-machado-baltimore-orioles-mlb-trade-rumors-michael-kopech-lucas-giolito-rick-hahn