The FCL thread 2022

Frobby

Fabian has added a 2 RBI single and a SB thus far as the FCL Os are flashing the bats tonight.

Catcher and 2022 4th round draftee Silas Ardoin has finally been retired at the dish. After walking in his 3 plate appearances in his debut last Thursday, he walked in his next 3 plate appearances tonight. So that is 6 straight BBs and an RBI groundout to start his career. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, scarey1999 said:

Fabian has added a 2 RBI single and a SB thus far as the FCL Os are flashing the bats tonight.

Catcher and 2022 4th round draftee Silas Ardoin has finally been retired at the dish. After walking in his 3 plate appearances in his debut last Thursday, he walked in his next 3 plate appearances tonight. So that is 6 straight BBs and an RBI groundout to start his career. 

I wonder if the O’s have an offseason hitting mechanics program for players like Beavers and Fabian that need their swings revamped or is that outsourced?

42 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I wonder if the O’s have an offseason hitting mechanics program for players like Beavers and Fabian that need their swings revamped or is that outsourced?

I don't think the Orioles purposely outsource anything.  I am certain that they have programs designed.

I'm sure the players also have some degree of latitude for going outside the organization if they'd like.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

I hope Grayson is very quietly getting ramped up down there, throwing live pitches to the new draftees behind the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if Wells and whoever else has been rehabbing down there was doing the same. Seems like something they would do.

Word on the street is that Grayson is throwing through an old tire hanging from a tree.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:50 AM, Triple Crown said:

Watched the FCL team yesterday and as usual not a lot of good going on, but will try and throw in some positivity to this bad group. The one player that had some good AB's was V Gonzalez. Saw he was brought up June 5th and before yesterday was a dismal 0 for 18, but did have 10 walks to 9 K's which is encouraging. Yesterday he looked as good as anyone in the box and got his first couple of hits, maybe just maybe it's the start of something. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I know I'll be watching his progress thru the rest of the season. I really can't understand how the Orioles gave M Hernandez over a million dollars to sign. I've seen him quite a few times and there isn't anything that would make me think he deserved anywhere near that kind of money, offensively or defensively. I guess that was a big swing and a miss.

Thanks so much for the report. I hope you get a chance to get down there to see Jackson Holliday? I know its a ways from North Point but...

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The FCL gets so much more interesting this time of year.  

Up until the point where the most recent college draftees move up to Low-A Delmarva, if at all.  Could there be an outside chance Jackson Holliday moves up with them?