Heston Kjerstad 2022

joelala

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

That’s when you move him up.  When they stop pitching to him.  Young man looks like a pretty good hitter.  The stockpile of LH hitters is looking pretty solid with his addition and Cowser’s hot streak.  

I had the same exact thought. Not sure why he’s still there, reminds of Grayson, he was filthy and kept pitching him.

• Upvote 1

The massive GO/AO ratio is really interesting to me, a 3-1 groundout to flyout shouldn't speak to the success his current numbers show. I wonder if it's wonky recording by MiLB scorers or if he's just scorching worm-burners and low line drives. I know this has been brought up before but a 3/1 GO/AO ratio is unusual for a power hitter. 

https://www.milb.com/player/heston-kjerstad-677008

1 minute ago, CharmCityHokie said:

The massive GO/AO ratio is really interesting to me, a 3-1 groundout to flyout shouldn't speak to the success his current numbers show. I wonder if it's wonky recording by MiLB scorers or if he's just scorching worm-burners and low line drives. I know this has been brought up before but a 3/1 GO/AO ratio is unusual for a power hitter. 

https://www.milb.com/player/heston-kjerstad-677008

That's what I've mainly seen. I haven't really seen him drive the ball very often. Not saying that won't come, just hasn't happened a bunch so far. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I wonder if it's wonky recording by MiLB scorers or if he's just scorching worm-burners and low line drives. I know this has been brought up before but a 3/1 GO/AO ratio is unusual for a power hitter. 

Kjerstad had 81 extra base hits -- including 36 HRs --  in 148 college games, so he had to have been putting the ball in the air while playing for Arkansas. Do we know if the Orioles have attempted to modify his swing in such a way that he'd produce fewer fly balls as a pro?