Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

8/180.

So is Tex worth somewhere in the 25 million dollar a year range? I mean, seriously. the Yankees have spent an ungodly amount of money this year, it is ridiculous.

I think he was to the Baltimore Orioles. I would have came to see the O's more than in the past 10 years. I think Roberts and Markakis would have resigned. When young stud SPs hit the FA market in the next 2-3 years, I think they would strongly consider the O's.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard/read 8/170 Silent one.

On TV they were saying between 170-180

So he is somewhere in the 25 million dollar range.

So we now have to ask ourselves, are the Orioles foolish for not going to that range? 25 million for one player was a lot. When you offer 20, and are willing to negotiate, and the jumps on from the first offer from the Yankees for 25...

Get the feeling that the hometown stuff was lip service.

I am still a baseball fan and will follow the O's until the day that I die, but I will no longer follow MLB until they institute some kind of cap. This is ridiculous and I am done. I am not even mad that we didn't get Tex. I am mad that MLB allows this to happen and seem happy about it. What a joke!

Same here. I usually order extra innings so I can watch the O's, but I will now just use illegal feeds on the net. Fans of mid market teams need to send a message to MLB.

That said, I have a problem with us not beating this offer, which was definitely beatable. Angelos and MacPhail can....well, I am going to bite my tongue.

Well, I only knew him as a Yankees fans. I posted it here before, but people didn't want to hear it. I for one am glad this is over and think the O's are going in the the right direction regardless. We can get a lot more production for 20+mm per year. Keep up the good work AM!!!

by the way, since he was a Mattingly fan growing up, what if he really was a bit of a Yankees fan and this was his "dream"?

Somehow him going to the Yanks hurts less than him going to the Red Sox or Nationals...I dont know why, but perhaps I've just grown numb to them, and I still feel like we can compete with everyone else.

This is no longer a competitive sport. This is an exhibition. I'm done spending my money until the system is fixed. Burn it to the ground. Strike for 5 years if necessary. Fix the game. It's broken. You can't expect fans in 20 cities to spend their money on a product that is designed to keep your team out of the playoffs. This isn't even about Angelos anymore. The whole game has become a joke. The Yankees can buy any player they like. The top 3 free agents all to one team. What a joke this is. Burn it down.

Archived