Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

Sorry to be "that guy" who calls out the insiders, but we REALLY need an explanation for all the kool-aid they were feeding us. No one in the media ever said we had a chance, with the exception of that one Karl Ravech report which now sounds like a plant. But we kept being told by insiders, who no doubt have been reliable, that we had a wow offer and that things were trending our way.

People would in no way be so bent out of shape right now had we not been told that we were in it and to ignore the media reports. Not even close. This hurts so much more because of that inside information.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation, and I'm asking that it be disclosed to the extent that it can be discussed.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Screw him. Screw the Yanks. Screw the MLBPA. I hope he enjoys being a pariah in his own hometown. What a lying sack of greedy crap.

Curse of the Tex. I hope we stick it right in his face. I wouldn't come home for Christmas Mark, not unless you're wearing a disguise, you weasel.

This attitude is ridiculous. I don't mean to single you out, there are several others. Mark Teixeira owes nothing to you or the fans of Baltimore. He made a decision that he deemed was best for him and his family. He became a free agent and I believe he sought 3 things: to get the best contract possible, to have a chance to win championships, and to play on the east coast. He accomplished all 3 today. I don't think that Tex personally used the O's drive up the price, that's what his agent does. I'm sure Boras met with Tex at the start of the offseason and asked him what he wanted, Tex told him what he wanted, Boras did what he does and then presented everything to Tex. I don't see the need to blame Tex or anyone else for this. If the O's were a better team, that probably would've helped us get him.

where belkast now he complete liar, who lied about tex was coming and everything. he should be ban for wishcasting allabout tex coming here.:angryfire::angryfire:

I really hope you are joking. It isn't his fault for saying that. He didn't have to tell us anything.

I don't post very often, but I have to say that I am through with baseball. No salary cap!!! No revenue sharing!!!! No time or money for tickets from me. I have had it. I wish the Ravens and NFL played year round.

Free market! That's just a cop out! Rays, Twins, A's....Go watch football then...enjoy the comercials and the clowns playing/and coaching it that don't even know the rules!!

It all makes sense. All the talk that he was a Don Mattingly fan growing up. It appears as though he was using EVERY team involved- just waiting for the Yankees to simply make an offer. New York is only a 4 hour drive to Baltimore. The money is there- AND the chance to win right away.

Ughh, it really does make me sick- but in a way- I am glad the Yankees got him over the Red Sox. If the Sox had gotten him- all the talk would be about the Sox and Yanks battling for AL East supremacy, but now I believe the casual and die hard fans will look at this as another example of how ridiculous the system is. I'm sure some new Yankee haters were just born- to go along with the bandwagoners sure to be cheering them on as well.

Just another black eye to the game for me though. What burns me the most was that Ravech report about his "enormous attraction to the Orioles." What a crock of you know what. Were it not for that, I really don't think I'd be as disgusted as I am- but to spurn your hometown team like that while using them as nothing more than a pawn to play for the enemy.

Sounds like just another typical athlete. I guess it could be worse. I'd hate to be from Cleveland and have Lebron James openly cheer for the Yankees and then talk about going to the Knicks- but hey- I guess this news is music to his ears. More barf.... Ugh, Im done until spring training. I really just hope that Markakis knew this was coming and wouldnt seriously be influenced by it. We NEED to sign him to an extension asap.

this is just absolutely ridiculous .... how the hell can you grow up an orioles fan, express you want to play there ... openly admit during games you look at the orioles score on the scoreboard .... and then you go and sign with the yankees .... just doesnt make sense to me at all

I know right? How can you be an oriole fan and your favorite player be Don Mattingly.

Archived