Which player would you be most/least excited about?

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

But you're basing your opinion of Jones on what the experts are telling you so why do you disregard it "totally" when they say that Jones is a defensible pick at #1.

You have zero first-hand knowledge.   The only way you formed an opinion on Jones is by reading the same experts who tell you that Johnson is defensible at #1.   

I don't like Johnson at #1 either but I have enough respect for Law, McDaniel, etc. to accept the fact that Johnson is a top prospect and that picking him at #1 wouldn't be some kind of crazy pick.

Sure and their opinion is why I’m not saying Johnson is a bust or a bad player.

Im saying he’s not worthy of the first pick given our situation (need does matter somewhat), our MiL needs(ie elite talent, not very good), the tanking, his size, position, etc…

I find it interesting that we are seeing mocks that have him outside the top 5 if he doesn’t go 1.  Why isn’t every mock saying top 3?  Why would anyone have him outside the top 5 if he’s a definitive #1 level guy? 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Sure and their opinion is why I’m not saying Johnson is a bust or a bad player.

Im saying he’s not worthy of the first pick given our situation (need does matter somewhat), our MiL needs(ie elite talent, not very good), the tanking, his size, position, etc…

I find it interesting that we are seeing mocks that have him outside the top 5 if he doesn’t go 1.  Why isn’t every mock saying top 3?  Why would anyone have him outside the top 5 if he’s a definitive #1 level guy? 

Your last point is a fair point.  Obviously he's not a consensus top 3 for everyone.   Sounds like Jones is going 1 or 2 no matter what.  Pretty much the same for Holliday.   All of the others I've seen anywhere from 1-5 or 1-7 just like you said.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Your last point is a fair point.  Obviously he's not a consensus top 3 for everyone.   Sounds like Jones is going 1 or 2 no matter what.  Pretty much the same for Holliday.   All of the others I've seen anywhere from 1-5 or 1-7 just like you said.

And btw, I think Johnson is worthy of being a top 5 pick.  I think I would take Green, Lee and Collier over him but it’s close.  I don’t think I’m taking anyone else.  

It’a the idea of taking him over Holliday of Jones that I can’t get behind and why I don’t think it’s defensible.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

And btw, I think Johnson is worthy of being a top 5 pick.  I think I would take Green, Lee and Collier over him but it’s close.  I don’t think I’m taking anyone else.  

It’a the idea of taking him over Holliday of Jones that I can’t get behind and why I don’t think it’s defensible.

I'm not trying to troll you or bust your chops.  We just disagree.   I don't want Johnson.  However, if someone (Elias and Sig) think he's a .300 hitter with 25-30 homer power and will play average defense at 2B, I do think it's defensible.   Agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I am going to believe that if Holliday or Jones aren’t the pick, that the valued the saved money over the talent.  

I believe they did it with Cowser and I think it would be the same this time around.

Well, it's not "saved money". They spend it on someone else. Do you disagree with that?

And I know all about BPA. I've read your posts a few times. I'm just saying it's not "saved money".

• Upvote 1