Which player would you be most/least excited about?

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why do you keep asking this?  Jammer has made his point on why he likes Jones over and over again.  If it’s how he feels, it’s how he feels.  

Lots of evaluators thought Austin Martin was a stud.  I didn’t agree.  I have seen Tony say he didn’t like his profile.  Does that mean he was wrong because he didn’t agree with the consensus?

I think we all put a lot of weight into what those guys say because, after all, we don’t see these guys outside of highlights.  

However, based off of what is said, personal preferences, preferred strategies, etc…you formulate your opinions based off of it.

You keep poo pooing the process and act like it means nothing.  I happen to disagree.  The process is everything and part of the process is the on purpose losing of this franchise when your only reward is the draft.  For me, I want the best, most elite, highest ceiling guy.  I happen to think that’s Jones AND he’s a pretty safe pick imo. He’s the best of both worlds.

Why isn’t that enough for you?  Why is it always, well the evaluators don’t agree with that, so that’s not true.  What if Elias feels that way?  Is he wrong?

Why do you keep butting in when I ask someone else a question?    Let him answer.   He doesn't need you to muddy the waters.

When you speak out of both sides of your mouth and I ask you a question, then it will be your turn.   Until then, go to the back of the line and zip it.

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Why do you keep butting in when I ask someone else a question?    Let him answer.   He doesn't need you to muddy the waters.

When you speak out of both sides of your mouth and I ask you a question, then it will be your turn.   Until then, go to the back of the line and zip it.

Nah I’m good.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I’m shifting back to Holiday again. I just don’t love Jones’ swing 🤷‍♀️

If we're talking about swings, I like Brooks Lee.   Uses the whole field from both sides.   Bat stays through the zone.    Power from both sides.   It's a little bit different but I like it.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

If we're talking about swings, I like Brooks Lee.   Uses the whole field from both sides.   Bat stays through the zone.    Power from both sides.   It's a little bit different but I like it.

Holiday is a little middle ground for me. I think he has more potential defensive value, and higher overall upside then Lee…but is maybe slightly safer then Jones. Personally, with 1-1 I like an upside/safety combo, rather then leaning heavily upside or going safe 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Holiday is a little middle ground for me. I think he has more potential defensive value, and higher overall upside then Lee…but is maybe slightly safer then Jones. Personally, with 1-1 I like an upside/safety combo, rather then leaning heavily upside or going safe 

No problem.   I think folks are underselling Lee's upside.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Still saying Collier is my dark horse. 

I really liked Collier until reading the Fangraphs link above that said he's going to grow into a 1B/DH.

Maybe accurate, maybe not but it altered my view of him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But then that means you are going against from the experts!  

Where did I say Lee is the top guy?  Try paying attention.  I don't talk out of both sides of my mouth like some people. 

• Haha 1

I worry the latest run our team will affect our draft strategy and focus more on someone closer to helping the club sooner rather then what's best for long term.  

I would be excited if we went Jones and will be fine if we take Jackson Holiday.

I would be least excited if we took Temarr Johnson. If you're taking a second baseman they might as well take Jace Jung who is closer to being ready and hit well at a higher level. Don't want us to take him either at 1. Lee isn't worth going at 1 either.