Which player would you be most/least excited about?

None of them will excite me the way Adley excited me.   But, I’m pretty sure I’ll be at least moderately excited about whoever they pick.   

Probably Druw Jones would excite me the most, because that would tell me they think he’s the BPA and worth the money.   I could get behind any of Holliday, Johnson, Green, Lee or Collier.   If it’s anyone else, I’m going to be scratching my head.   But, what do I really know?  I’ll root for whomever they choose to prove that they made a great choice.  

• Upvote 3

I think anyone outside of Jones, Green or Holliday would generate a meh from me.  It’s not that other guys aren’t good players or have good ceilings but I just don’t think they are #1 pick worthy.  

Some picks I would hate more than others, like Berry and Johnson.

• Upvote 2

I'd be most excited about Jones, Holliday and Collier.   This is the year to go with a high ceiling high school hitter.  

I'd be least happy with Berry, Parada, Cross or really any college player other than Lee.  My biggest fear is that Elias will focus on cutting an underslot deal and that we'll wind up with Cross.    I may kick my TV to death if that happens.  

I'd be ok but a bit meh on Lee or Johnson.   They don't sound likely to stick at SS and I'm a bit leery of "hit tool" guys who don't have plus power.  Maybe I'm just assuming they will turn out like Austin Martin.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

If the pick is Lee, that would confirm to me that the mentions of Sig viewing him as Bregman are accurate and I'd be really happy with that. "Highest floor" is a criticism the Cards had for years with their picks when Elias and Sig were there and someone posted (I think Nelson) that the Cards had the most picks reach the majors during their time there.

I'd be uncertain about Johnson. I'd be fine with Jones or Holliday. Would really question Berry but I don't think that's a possibility. 

Really more interested in the next 3 picks by now. 

• Upvote 2

Excited: Jones, Holliday, Johnson, Collier, Green

Disappointed: Any college bat

I think the system needs more high ceiling talent and I don’t think Brooks Lee qualifies as a high ceiling talent.

Also, given how secretive the Elias regime is with the draft, I’ll be somewhat surprised if they take Lee because of the purported leak about Sig’s Bergman comp or Johnson given the very public nature of his workout.

2 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I believe Jones is the pick.

Id be cool with Holiday, Lee, Parada, Green (risk there though) or even Lesko (not happening I know).

Johnson or Berry or Cross I think would be bad picks at 1:1 based on what I have read. 

Holliday is my favorite personal pick, but I would be happy with Jones simply because it means Elias/Sig believe he's the best player and that spending our allotment for whom they believe is the best talent isn't an issue. I haven't been happy with refusing to take BPA in 2020 and 2021 when we could have gotten better players (IMO) in the first round. And in 2020, we could have still gone underslot, drafted a more talented player, AND still likely drafted Westburg, Mayo, and Baumler.

16 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Holliday is my favorite personal pick, but I would be happy with Jones simply because it means Elias/Sig believe he's the best player and that spending our allotment for whom they believe is the best talent isn't an issue. I haven't been happy with refusing to take BPA in 2020 and 2021 when we could have gotten better players (IMO) in the first round. And in 2020, we could have still gone underslot, drafted a more talented player, AND still likely drafted Westburg, Mayo, and Baumler.

Who is the more talented player you wanted in 2020?