What do you want to see with picks 33, 42, 67

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Jordan Beck is a guy I could see the Os taking at 33.

I met that whole Tennessee team this year (I'm friends with Trey Lipscomb and his family).  I spoke with several of those kids and coach Vitello during the May Georgia series.  Tidwell, Gilbert and Beck could all be picked within the hour.

Just now, waroriole said:

Brock Porter is very interesting. How much would it take?

Big arm, but looking at his video his arm drags pretty badly and I wonder if there are concerns about elbow issues. He also could be a signability guy if not taken early. He may think he can get big bucks in three years.

If I have this correct, here at pick #28, there are still 11 of the top 30 prospects on MLB.com available:

11 Brock Porter

16 Robby Snelling

19 Jackson Ferris

22 Dylan Beavers

23 Jordan Beck

24 Cade Horton

25 Connor Prielipp

27 Blade Tidwell

28 Peyton Graham

29 Sterlin Thompson

30 Carson Whisenhunt

We'll see if the Orioles go to this well.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Big arm, but looking at his video his arm drags pretty badly and I wonder if there are concerns about elbow issues. He also could be a signability guy if not taken early. He may think he can get big bucks in three years.

Yeah I was just reading he’s looking at 6-8M. Interesting to know about the mechanics and potential for injury. Though I guess you have to assume they’ll all need TJ. 

I don’t understand why any HS pitcher would ever turn down 3-4M, just for the chance you might get 6-8 in 3 years. Plus you’re getting professional level instruction and starting your career earlier. 

• Thanks 1