I come to repent

Dr. Unk

On 7/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, Dr. Unk said:

I have to admit that although I look at the scores every night, I found it hard to watch this team early on.  I have been sucked in lately, and I feel like Major League, saying who the #### are these guys, but damn, they are really fun to watch.  I'm pretty stoked for the future.  Looks like this rebuild may be going somewhere, finally.  Please forgive my sins.

Son, you must say ‘mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa’ 200 times as your penance.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, Dr. Unk said:

I have to admit that although I look at the scores every night, I found it hard to watch this team early on.  I have been sucked in lately, and I feel like Major League, saying who the #### are these guys, but damn, they are really fun to watch.  I'm pretty stoked for the future.  Looks like this rebuild may be going somewhere, finally.  Please forgive my sins.

LOL, exactly me too! hahahaha

On 7/16/2022 at 8:51 PM, RZNJ said:

I feel your pain.

I posted this elsewhere. Growing up as a kid in Edmondson Heights in the 70s, My dad introduced me to an O's team that was the most successful team of that era. I remember the 1979 through 1983 stretch where they were the "super F-ing" ball club. My dad had tickets to game 6 of the '83 World Series. I didn't get to go (for obvious reasons) but just figured that I would get my chance to go another WS in the years to come. 

Almost 40 years without playing in a World Series. That's so depressing when you frame it like that 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jagwar said:

I posted this elsewhere. Growing up as a kid in Edmondson Heights in the 70s, My dad introduced me to an O's team that was the most successful team of that era. I remember the 1979 through 1983 stretch where they were the "super F-ing" ball club. My dad had tickets to game 6 of the '83 World Series. I didn't get to go (for obvious reasons) but just figured that I would get my chance to go another WS in the years to come. 

Almost 40 years without playing in a World Series. That's so depressing when you frame it like that 

My Dad took me in 1965.. I was first aware of the Orioles when they actually were one of the truly great dynasties … i have been to 1 game in every World Series they have played .. that  83 Series was me and my now ex brother-in-law law

i have raised two adult children since 1983 telling them both growing up that we are at the next World Series .. now I tell my 8 year old granddaughter that too lol 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

My Dad took me in 1965.. I was first aware of the Orioles when they actually were one of the truly great dynasties … i have been to 1 game in every World Series they have played .. that  83 Series was me and my now ex brother-in-law law

i have raised two adult children since 1983 telling them both growing up that we are at the next World Series .. now I tell my 8 year old granddaughter that too lol 

It's so funny. My twins were born in 2000. Around 2009 my daughter said to me "Dad, why do you like the Orioles? They never win."

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:16 PM, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Lol 😂😂😂 Our first bandwagon fan! Welcome! JK

It's gonna get bigger!

On 7/16/2022 at 8:20 PM, Dr. Unk said:

Lol.  Been with them since the early 70's, but they've made it tough for a while. 

What's a 1/4 century or two amongst friends.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:30 PM, tntoriole said:

Mine too...but started in '68.  Literally my oldest of 4 thinks my Oriole obsession is "cute".  She called to give condolences when the streak stopped at 10 wins.